Author Topic: wentworth place dublin  (Read 10547 times)

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: wentworth place dublin
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 June 09 08:21 BST (UK) »
Here is a map from 1876. I don't think much would have changed by 1909.
By my reckoning, number 16 would be just below the gap betweent he words Wentworth and Place.
I hope it is of interest.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline GOODDOG

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 June 09 20:52 BST (UK) »
many thanks dublin 1850. we found it very interesting.

thanks to all
              Michael

Offline annieoburns

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 June 09 21:07 BST (UK) »
I know that stretch of road quite well.  I think all the older buildings are gone now.  It would be known as Grand Canal Street Lower.

Anne
Wiffen, Utton, Clark, Spires,  Frisby, Raybould, Charlton, Green, (England)
Flood,  Daly, Doran, Mc Kercher, Gardiner, (Ireland/England)
Reid, Burns  (Ireland)
McGourty, Daly (Ireland/America)

Offline Baiiley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 July 09 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hey Michael

Not sure if your the Michael I am looking for but ...

My name is Karen Bailey and I live on the Gold Coast , Queensland in Australia.

I am doing my family tree and was wondering if you had any links to my family..  My Grandfather was Martin Joseph Grehan b 1911 and he had two brothers Tom and James . Their father was James Grehan and I believe their mother was Maggie Grehan ( nee Bowling ) , They lived near the river in Templeogue South Dublin..

I wonder if you can let me know what your parents names are and maybe even grandparents and whether any of them either were from Templeogue or had relatives there.

My Grandfather went to UK and married Ivy Joan Pierson ( called Joan ) she had my mother * and my aunts *, * and my uncle *...They all lived in Islington.

I know that my Grandfathers brother James, had two sons * and *, maybe you are the * or are related to these two brothers.   I believe that * married * in uk and lived in Frome Somerset. But * who was known as * married * and had * and *...and lived in Templeogue South Dublin...

I would love to hear back from you.

Cheers

Baiiley :)

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living person in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline pam f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 September 10 22:28 BST (UK) »
hi there michael, i have just found out that my great grandparents also lived in wentworth place in 1912/1914 before they moved to railway terrace, I came across this when going through my late grandmothers things today, i have been trying to trace back my family, i have got quite a bit of information going back to 1868, thats my great great grandmother, and just found out she was born in scotland. So maybe our relations were neighbours, happy searching. Pam.

Offline GOODDOG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 September 10 20:32 BST (UK) »
hi Pam, i don't know if you have this but if you put irish1911 census in the search box and click it you will get the irish census up.    click 1911 . this brings up   diff    towns scroll down to Dublin, click it. just put Dublin in and underneath that in ded put south dock,   click  it ,scroll down and you will get wentworth place and railway terrace.  you will be able to see the census returns then.
i would have sent this as a personnel message but you have to have 3 posts before you can send/receive any.
 you never said what the names were so couldn't check for you. happy hunting  ;D

Michael

Offline pam f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 September 10 17:36 BST (UK) »
hi michael, thanks for that info, been on and found it but their names are not on the census, but on the form i have from 1914 that is their address, the form is called the factory and workshop act, and its like an entry of birth info. my great grandparents names were james and mary Leamer, and grandmothers name (which is the child in question) was Bella Leamer. I did get them all on the 1901 and 1911 census from railway terrace, but wentworth place is all news to us. But i will keep checking,  i know they moved to england around 1916/17. thanks michael......pam

Offline chinapaddy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 November 17 22:37 GMT (UK) »
when my grandfather was baptized the address on his cert was Wentworth Place. I have since found out that the name changed on 5th of May 1924 to Hogan Place. I am in the process of my family tree. St Andrews centre on Pearse Street have a model on display with a note of street name changes in this area.
Corri, Holland,
Newman, Kiernan,
Lyons, Murphy

Offline chinapaddy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 November 17 22:49 GMT (UK) »
here is some info
Corri, Holland,
Newman, Kiernan,