Author Topic: Offer: Noak Hill near Romford resource  (Read 5549 times)

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Offer: Noak Hill near Romford resource
« on: Thursday 18 June 09 07:43 BST (UK) »
I deal with the history of Noak Hill near Romford and have a data base of those that lived and worked in the area.

Date periods vary as per family, some go back to 1800, but in general I cover;

Burials at St Thomas' Chapel of Ease at Noak Hill from 1844 to 1920.

Marriages at St Thomas' Chapel of Ease at Noak Hill from 1898 when the church was first granted a license for performing marriage ceremonies which prior to this date were held at St Edward's Romford, St John's Havering atte Bower or at St Peter's South Weald.

Other records that I have and can use are poor rate entries for the Noak Hill area from 1840, School records for the village school from 1878 and certain farm records for the area dating from 1795.

Some of the families on the data base have been researched and have details that cover birth/ education/ marriage/ employment/ military service/ and death and burial details whilst some have only a small amount of detail and have yet to be researched. I can also, at times and where possible, provide a photograph of the burial plot/headstone for those that are buried in the local churchyard.

My own data base that I have compiled is not to be found on any internet site so if anyone is researching rellies that came from the Noak Hill area let me know and I will look to see if I have the name covered.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Noak Hill near Romford resource
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm researching the Isbell family from the Romford, Upminster and Hornchurch areas. The Romford parish records of several of the children of William & Susannah Isbell from the 1790's, including Thomas (bap 30/3/1794), William (bap 17/1/1796), Sarah (bap 17/3/1797) and Edward (bap 31/3/1799) had the notation NH next to their entries that I believe meant Noak Hill. Do you have any information on the Isbells?
Regards,
Steve.

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: Noak Hill near Romford resource
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 08:31 BST (UK) »
Morning Steve,

The Isbel surname does ring a bell with me, although from memory it is not for the period  that you have, more for the late 1800's early 1900's.I will have a look at my files and will get back too you later.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop