Author Topic: Cowie/Maywood/Meninch - Lochee, Dundee  (Read 6579 times)

Offline Craig Flavell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cowie/Maywood/Meninch - Lochee, Dundee
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 February 12 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi iam Julie Flavell (Craig) my dad is (*) Craig I have a few pics of my gran Scotland and some info, looking for (*). I live in Brisbane would be good for any info. I have two sisters (*) iam sure this is the same family please contact me.

Julie Flavell nee Craig

Added: Details of living people removed as part of RootsChat's policy.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'Girl with firewood'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 February 12 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julie

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Sorry to edit your first post. We don't have details of living people on RootsChat to protect people's identity etc.

Once you have posted three times here on the main boards, you can use the Private Messaging service (PMs) and this is a good way to exchange personal info including personal emails etc.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline trisha martin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 13:48 GMT (UK) »
hi, i just seen this and have never tried this before. my grandfather was george hucheson cowie married to jane langlands ogilvie from glamis scotland. my dad was william. there was 10 children in the family. most moved to calgary canada. (*) cowie is still alive. would love to hear from any of my relatives.

Edit details of living people removed as part of RootsChat's policy.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi , and welcome to Rootschat  :)

Sorry to edit your first post. We don't have details of living people on Rootschat to protect people's identity etc.
Once you have posted three times here on the main boards, you can use the Private Messaging service (PMs) and this is a good way to exchange personal info including personal emails etc.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , The IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ivor.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 December 16 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks.
My name is Ivor Evans and i am a friend of Trish Martin who posted on here some time ago. as i have some knowledge of Family History work i am doing her Tree. mainly into the Cowie/Langlands/Ogilvy side i am using My Heritage for this. i was aware of the Canadian Connection as Trish has mentioned it but i have not gone into it yet so the info on here is good. i am also aware of the Australian branch of the Davie family again i have not at present gone there in any great detail.i have a John Davie married a Roberta Gordon Short. at the moment i am in the process of sorting the George Hutchinson Cowie/Jane Langlands Ogilvy side. If i can supply any further info please contact me on here and i will try to help

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I HAVE edited my profile - several times!
    • View Profile
    • Geograph
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 December 16 18:16 GMT (UK) »
i am doing her Tree. mainly into the Cowie/Langlands/Ogilvy side i am using My Heritage for this.
See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0. You will not find everything you need on MyHeritage.
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline ivor.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 December 16 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
i am a member of Scotland's People and it is a very good site, and not overly expensive to access the info. i use it quite regularly with my own family as well.