Author Topic: Rashee Old Graveyard - Ballyclare  (Read 7808 times)

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rashee Old Graveyard - Ballyclare
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
This large family is not easy to sort out. I think the father of Robert and Rachel is "Willie Hill" in the Abbeville letter of September 1865 (part of the bunch of Abbeville-Ballynure correspondence in PRONI); Robert's signature at marriage 1857 resembles the signature of Robert Hill on the 1864 death record of William Hill of Ballygallagh. But...the correspondence mentions nine surviving children, not six or seven, so several could indeed have been "farmed out"; and PRONI and the American archivists do not have (or cannot release) details of the originals.

Does anyone know the wife, in-laws or parents of this William Hill of Ballygallagh?

Offline mrcambridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 October 21 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hello John
How are you doing on the list of name of families in Old Rashee. I am looking for two names that I am aware may be there. Family names of McClelland and Alexander.

Not sure if you or any one else may have seen them.

Regards
Sue McDowell (nee McCauley)

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 October 21 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

John may know more, but I am aware of three Alexander headstones and one McAlexander, but no McClellands.

Here lyeth the body of Janet Logan wife to Alexander McAlexander who died May 12th 1758 aged 42 & 2 of their children.  [With coat of arms and motto, Quod Tibi Ne Alteri.]

Erected by MARTHA ALEXANDER in memory of her beloved husband CONWAY McNEICE of Cogry who died 21 November 1863 aged 70 years. [With coat of arms.]

Erected to the memory of JOHN ALEXANDER of Cogry who departed this life in the year of our lord 1815 aged 67 years.  [Beside the one above, capitalisation of letters all over the place.]

Erected [by?] [J]AMES ALEXANDER [Carnlea?].

Gilby

Offline lmel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 October 21 19:55 BST (UK) »

Hi My great great grandmother was buried in Rashee graveyard in 1903
          Eliza McIlhinney she was from Ballyeaston I couldn’t find a headstone unfortunately!

Offline SheilaG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 November 21 19:16 GMT (UK) »
My Gr-Gr-Grandfather, William Magee I (1839-1892) is buried in Rayshee graveyard. Along with some of his children: Edward, Jennie, Minnie. His wife Elizabeth Browne Magee Riddell (1879-1902) is buried here in an un-marked graved. I have recently learned that Elizabeth's father Samuel Browne is buried near William Magee.