Author Topic: can anyone please help me Robert Morton born about 1910 Falkirk Stirlingshire  (Read 2271 times)

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
i am looking for parents or siblings of Robert Morton
Birth:    abt 1910
Falkirk Stirlinghire, Scotland
i am also lookking for parent or siblings of
Anita Di Stenfano
Birth:    abt 1910
Italy, Europe

Robert Morton and Anita Di Stenfano maried on the 28 sept 1938 in Blythswood Glasgow,

can anyone give me any information on this family, they lived in the falkirk area but im unsure of where they were born. any info would be of use in this matter as i am trying to help my friend

another thing is i know they had my grandfather but not sure of his siblings either, my grandfather was
 Charles Morton
Birth:    23 Jan 1950
89 Mclachlan Street, Stenhousemuir, Stirlingshire
Death:    9 Mar 2005
Frenchat Hospital, Frenchay, Bristol

can anyone help PLEASE

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone please help me ????
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 June 09 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

There  are two birth registrations for Robert Morton in Falkirk in the time period that you're interested in:

1910 and 1911.

These can be searched for on the Scotlands People site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

You will then need to order them, following the intsructions on the site.

Also, the marriage certificate could  be ordered from the General Records Office for Scotland:

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/famrec/bdm.html

The information on the certificates will give parents's names but you will have to pay for them unless someone can get to one of the major records centres in Scotland and view them for you.

Regards

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Sarah Louise Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi I think we are who you are looking for my great gran was Anita di stefano all my family are mortons from stenhousemuir falkirk area my gran was sarah morton there's Charles morton David morton loads more

Offline Sarah Louise Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Here's my number (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid abuse.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Robert Morton only 2 months on last census so must be the 1911 birth in Falkirk.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 23:02 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for parents or siblings of
Robert Morton
Anita Di Stenfano
Robert Morton and Anita Di Stenfano maried on the 28 sept 1938 in Blythswood Glasgow

As this marriage is now more than 75 years ago, go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and invest £7 in buying 30 credits. Use 1 of these to find and 5 to download the marriage certificate. This will tell you the names of the parents of both Robert and Anita, including their mothers' full maiden names. You can then use another 6 credits to find and download Robert's birth certificate, which will tell you the date and place of his parents' marriage. Another 6 credits will get you that certificate, and you will have the full name of all Robert's grandparents. You should still have enough credits to find and download the marriage certificates of both sets of his grandparents, which will give you the names of all eight of his great-grandparents.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.