Author Topic: Heatlie's in Scotland  (Read 30949 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Heatlie's in Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Monday 08 June 15 18:40 BST (UK) »
Almost forgot to say, Andrew Heatlie was my 1st cousin 6x removed. ;-/

Offline alessandralee1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 01:26 BST (UK) »
Dawn, Mary Turnbull was my 1st cousin 4 x removed (this gets so confusing) lol.  Her mother Ann's brother Adam was my 4th great grandfather who came to Australia.  I would like to know where Mary and Andrew lived in the USA, when they died, and any information on their children.  Would it be easier if I gave you my email address?  I would appreciate any information you have on them.  Thanks heaps.  Cheers

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hiya
Yes if you can send me your email it will be easier x
Dawn

Offline alessandralee1948

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 10:52 BST (UK) »
No worries, Dawn.  My email address is sandra.taylor6@bigpond.com

I appreciate your help.  Cheers xx

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 13:17 BST (UK) »
Just sent you a test email, can you let me know its come through ok please.
Dawn

Offline mikemoyes2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 22 August 22 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

First of all, I just registered and dug through this whole chain. So much fascinating information and resources. Thank you all!

Second, I descended from Jessie Heatlie Scott and Thomas Douglas Moyes both from Selkirk. Jessie was a Castle St. Heatlie I believe based on census data showing her and family residing in Kirkwynd and Castle St throughout the years. I've spent a good bit of time digging through census data, Kirk session records, and tracking down birth/marriage/death certificates. There are a number of illegitimate references in birth certificates and I'm wondering if anyone has clues.

Jessie Heatlie - Mother consistently listed as Janet Heatlie (b. 1837) but father is not listed or is referenced using 'illegitimate'

Janet Heatlie - Death certificate lists mother as Mary Heatlie and father as William Heatlie. Baptismal record has same parents listed; however, a more likely biological mother appears to be Jessie Thorburn ...

Jessie Thorburn - Based on census data and signing as a witness for key events such as marriages and deaths, I believe Jessie was the biological mother of Janet Heatlie, Andrew Heatlie, James Heatlie, and Archibald (John) Heatlie. She was also likely the biological grandmother of Jessie Heatlie Scott and was witness to her wedding to Thomas Moyes.

Do these names/families ring any bells? I'm quite curious to confirm whether Jessie Thorburn was the biological mother of Janet. I have my tree with notes and documents listed on ancestry and publicly available for those interested.

Michael Moyes