Author Topic: Warnock Graves Ballyhalbert.  (Read 11368 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Warnock Graves Ballyhalbert.
« on: Thursday 25 June 09 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
I have been looking for info about my GGG grandfather Robert Warnock of Ballyeasborough.
His grave is at the Ballyhalbert Church of Ireland graveyard, Ballyeasborough along with his wife and other members of his family.
Is anyone near there, the transcription I have has confused us even more. I dont know if there is a mistake in the transcription or in our tree.
Can anyone help?
Thanks mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Warnock Graves Ballyhalbert.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 June 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    I don't know if this will help but if you google "proni wills" and enter Robert Warnock you will find two entries for the name, both of Ballyeasboro (sic). They appear to have been fairly wealthy men and the will summery mentions men who may have been relatives.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 June 09 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for that, I found him, thats GGG Grandpa that died in 1863 and two of his sons are mentioned.
Do you know if I could get any more details about where his land was as my sister and nieces are visiting Ireland later this year. Obviously we would love to be able to find where they lived and farmed.
Can anyone tell us how to find the cemetery that I mentioned?
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 June 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   Go to http://griffiths.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_family_search_form.php and enter the name and county. this brings up all the warnocks and rRobert is there. You can get details of his holding and a map.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:43 BST (UK) »
other than their graves is there anything else you would like to find out about them, i dont know what info. you have.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

All I have is,
Robert Warnock born 1796 married Abigail Porter- no date or place, presume Ballyeasborough area.

Children we dont have dates of birth only c 1830
Hugh c 1830, my GG Grandpa, came to Australia.
James, m Margaret Maxwell
Anne
Margaret, possibly married Thomas Hughes
Moses, m Catherine Napier
Eliza
Abigail, m Hugh Colwell, another marriiage after his death -after 1853.
Robert c 1826 m Jane or Catherine.

Robert junior is where the gravestones get confusing, we thought that Robert junior was married to E S D. the gravestones show her as the mother of a Robert and Louisa Evans nee Warnock.

I will PM you the copy of the grave inscriptions.
Thanks
mum mum

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 June 09 00:16 BST (UK) »
These are the inscriptions that I have.
Warnock
Erected in memory of Robert Warnock late of Ballyeasborough who departed this life 18 Feb. 1863 age 67 yrs. also his daughter in law Catherine Warnock alia Gowan who dept. this life 6 Feb 1871 age 38 yrs. Also Abigail wife of Robert Warnock died 11 Aug 1878 age 80 years. Also Robert Warock who died 23 June 1889 age 63 yrs. Also his wife Jane who died 18 July 1890

Erec. by Moses Warnock for his wife Catherine whod died 6 April 1877 age 36 years. In loving memory of Robert Warnock eldest son of Moses drowned off Gran Labon W>C> Africa 29 Aug 1891 age 27 yrs. Also above Moses Warnock who died 14 Feb 1905 age 76 yrs.

Erected by E.S.D Warnock Ballywalter in mem of her beloved son Robert james Warnock born 6 Feb 1871 died 22 Sept 1898, onlu son of the late Robert Warnock Ballyeasborough. Also her daughter Louisa Evans died 1 April 1923, interred in Whitechurch Cemetery. * the above E.s.D Warnock died 9 May 1955.

Too many Robert's
mum mum

Offline calmanban1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 06:52 BST (UK) »
children of Robert Warnock and Abigail Porter are
Hugh Warnock 17 sept 1820
Hugh Warnock 9 may 1823 m Elizabeth Hastings 17 june 1861
Ann Warnock 1824  m Wm Cavan of ballybranagh 6 june 1845
Robert Warnock m Jane then Catherine Gowan 1869
Moses Warnock 22 Oct 1827 m catherine Napier 1865
lived Ballyridley
Abigail Warnock 1829 m Hugh colwell 1851
Margaret Warnock m Thomas Hughes 1855
James Warnock  1836 m Margaret Anne Maxwell 10 Nov 1858
Eliza Warnock 26 Aug 1838 m Wm Maxwell 28 Dec 1858

above children were bapt at  Glastry Parish church
have children of next generation
information was given to me years ago.

There is a deed dated 1808 which I have not seen to a James and Margaret Warnock,which could place our Robert Warnock  born to a James Warnock,1795 at Kircubbin parish church

My line of descent is through Margaret Anne Maxwell and James Warnock,a daughter Abigail Margaret Warnock married a John Hughes of whose family settled in New Zealand. 

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 07:27 BST (UK) »
Hi cousin,

I will check what I have on my Ancestry tree and add those  marriages in. I have contacted a descendant of Abigail Warnock and Hugh Colwell here in Australia, I have most of their descendants in my tree now if you are interested.
I recently had a letter from a Warnock who is descended from James Warnock and Margaret Maxwell, he is living very near where the Warnock farm was in Co Down. Hopefully my sister will get to meet him next month when she is in Ireland.
I will PM you too exchange more info.

mum mum