Author Topic: address help please  (Read 1982 times)

Offline colcal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
address help please
« on: Saturday 27 June 09 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hello!
I would like some help please if possible, for an address on a family death certificate. The person who died was Mary Kivlochan, mill worker, single, died of typhoid fever in 1906. The address given looks like  3 Albert Street, Lochee. Was that a residence or a hospital because the witness on the certificate was a Catherine Lanmount?, i think, and it stated she was an inmate. ( i just hope it wasn't a prison).
Also, the mother's name and maiden name is correct, Mary Kivlochan nee (Degnan) but the father's name was definitely Martin Kivlochan and it reads Patrick Kivlochan. Do they sometimes make mistakes with fornames?
regards colcal

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: address help please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 June 09 16:10 BST (UK) »
hi colcal  :)

i've just seen on the net that albert street lochee was renamed atholl street
this could be true as lochee was seperate from dundee at one point and
dundee already had an albert street

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 June 09 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hello!
I would like some help please if possible, for an address on a family death certificate. The person who died was Mary Kivlochan, mill worker, single, died of typhoid fever in 1906. The address given looks like  3 Albert Street, Lochee. Was that a residence or a hospital because the witness on the certificate was a Catherine Lanmount?, i think, and it stated she was an inmate. ( i just hope it wasn't a prison).
Also, the mother's name and maiden name is correct, Mary Kivlochan nee (Degnan) but the father's name was definitely Martin Kivlochan and it reads Patrick Kivlochan. Do they sometimes make mistakes with fornames?
regards colcal

A look at the 1901 census shows there are a number of families at 3 Albert Street so I would think it's a tenement.

Inmate was a term used for somebody living at the same address.

Regards,
Nel

Offline colcal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 June 09 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Nel,
Thank you so much for the reply to my request for help. I am so glad it is a residence and not a prison. I have had information given to me on the Mary Kivlochan i am searching for at that address, but unfortunately she died there in 1906 leaving a daughter Mary 11yrs old and a 6 yrs old son John, (both illegitimate by a man called George Murphy) so now i am trying to find out what happened to them. The search and the stiff neck goes on.
kind regards colcal

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 June 09 15:09 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage of a Mary Kivlichan to John Devine in 1920 and sadly it looks like she died in 1931.

Regards,
Nel

Offline colcal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 June 09 17:12 BST (UK) »
Dear Nel,
Thank  you very much for that information, I will look to see if she had any children before she died.
regards colcal