Author Topic: William Fleming - Larbert  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Lea Fleming

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Fleming - Larbert
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 14:43 BST (UK) »
I'm guessing that's possible. I do have his marriage certificate here in Australia that states his parents are William Fleming and Annie McLean but I'm guessing that doesn't mean they were married?

Offline lea_f

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Fleming - Larbert
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 June 16 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hello thankyou for your reply, apologies in the late reply I had issues with my previous login (Lea Fleming) it's always possible regarding illigitimate status however unlikely as my DNA test came back with a strong Fleming background. I did try and do a search for his parents William Fleming and Annie McLean in Scotland I even went as far as contacting actual cemetries in Scotland after nothing showed up on scotlands people or find a grave, marrage, birth etc.

As far as I'm aware it seems like William swum to Australia, I have heaps of inforamtion regarding residency family and various newspaper events in Australia yet no trace of him back in Scotland, according to his death certificate he would have been either 32-33 at the time he arrived in Australia sometime between January and October 1888.