Author Topic: St Clare's Convent Pantasaph Holywell  (Read 25581 times)

Offline crazygirl

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Clare's Convent Pantasaph Holywell
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 July 11 17:38 BST (UK) »
hi
my name is rita smith i was in st clares in 1974 till 1978 i was in there with my 2 brothers mark and john and my older sister ann marie i dont have very many memories of my time there. I would like to hear from anyone who knew me or my brothers and sister who could fill in so many blanks.

Thanx

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 July 11 18:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Rita. This isn't a forum for tracing living relatives or contaacting lost friends so if anyone remembers your family they should get in touch by PM (Personal Message) to exchange details- each person need 3 posts to use PM system.
Meanwhile, have a look at Living Persons section in Help Pages to see other places where you might have luck contacting others.
http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php#living
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline darthwaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 June 12 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I am a member of staff at Flintshire Record Office and would like to state that we DO NOT hold the records for the Pantasaph Orphanage. We have had many enquiries about records of the former orphanage, particularly in the last few months due to the incorrect information on this forum. We have been told by the Roman Catholic Archivist at Wrexham to refer people directly to the order who originally ran the convent. Their address is:
Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of Mercy, The Archivist, Bethany, 4 Mount Street, Preston, PR1 8BS. However, we do hold some records of the school attached to the Convent, which was Pantasaph Roman Catholic School.

Many Thanks

The staff at Flintshire Record Office

Offline hamcue

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 August 13 16:52 BST (UK) »
I have been reading all the blogs on St Clares with interest.I have been trying to trace the holder of the admission records and was put in touch with a nuns order based in Preston. I wrote and did not receive a reply and have written again a couple of weeks ago but to date have had no acknowledgement.I was given this adress by Flintshire registry office. Puzzled

Offline Eileen Schofield

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 March 17 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello. Thank you for this information as I am sure it has saved me time and energy on this exhausting journey of tracking down the family members and history.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 May 17 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I am a member of staff at Flintshire Record Office and would like to state that we DO NOT hold the records for the Pantasaph Orphanage. We have had many enquiries about records of the former orphanage, particularly in the last few months due to the incorrect information on this forum. We have been told by the Roman Catholic Archivist at Wrexham to refer people directly to the order who originally ran the convent. Their address is:
Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of Mercy, The Archivist, Bethany, 4 Mount Street, Preston, PR1 8BS. However, we do hold some records of the school attached to the Convent, which was Pantasaph Roman Catholic School.

Many Thanks

The staff at Flintshire Record Office

has anyone had any luck with the  Archivist at Preston
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)