Author Topic: Tracing Farm Port of Monteith  (Read 2736 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tracing Farm Port of Monteith
« on: Saturday 04 July 09 12:47 BST (UK) »
Trying to find out a whereabout of Rinanclach/Rinaclach possibly Ronadack Farm.  Residence of the McKay family from approx 1800 through to 1901 have tried Google to know avail..does anyone have any information how I may find this farm..have tried various Port of Monteith sites but no info..anyone have any other ides please.
As always..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Farm Port of Monteith
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 July 09 12:57 BST (UK) »
On the current OS map as Rhynaclach just north of the A873 about two miles east of Port of Menteith.  I used Streetmap.  Co-ordinates appear to be Lat  N56:11:16  Long W4:14:32.  Map co-ordinates which will help are 260951,701737

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 July 09 13:01 BST (UK) »
Looking at the enumerator's 'walk' on the 1881 census, this would appear to be the right vicinity. After Rinaclach comes Rednock Mill.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 July 09 23:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Nell, with the correct spelling you gave me Rhynaclach was able to Google, and have now the address of the present owners..will write to them via snail mail and see if I can get photo's if possible ..wonder if there is a general history of the farm ?? now wouldn't that be something.
Once again thank you..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 July 09 19:50 BST (UK) »
Redknock is what I was thinking too - thats still there.
Pat there might be photos on the geograph website
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 July 09 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Val - Nothing I can see at this time...which reminds me girl..my address book seems to have disappeared can you send me a PM with your e,mail adds again..and Kenny if you are reading this yours also..and Iain Mac as well, Iain that last message you sent me re Rednock Mill for some reason cannot open..
Thanks everyone..patvp

Offline MM64

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Patvp1
I'm Murray McKay I had my dna tested with ancestry .com and am related to a Mackay branch .that are associated with Rinaclach farm.
This branch live in America.They are descended from Peter Mackay 1837 -1912 who was the son of Alex Mackay and Margaret Mclaren
I have traced my branch back to William Mackay 1815 -1851 he was a soldier with the 94th (scotch brigade) regiment.He died in India.
His wife remarried and the family stayed in India .His sons were all boy soldiers / bands men with the 74th Highlanders.
The eventually settled back in Scotland in the 1870/80's.
I still haven't found the link between our branches yet.
All the best
Murray McKay