Author Topic: GILBERT/COE family  (Read 17341 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
GILBERT/COE family
« on: Saturday 04 July 09 23:17 BST (UK) »
HI,,I AM TRYING TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THE GILBERT/COE  FAMILY OF WEXFORD. THE ONLY INFO I HAVE IS LIMITED,,,,BUT SOMEONE OUT THERE MAY KNOW SOMETHING,,,,,JOSEPH GILBERT BORN 1865,,,FATHER-JOHN,,MOTHER-MARY. JOHN GILBERT WAS A LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER. JOSEPH MOVED TO ENGLAND AND MARRIED BARBARA AMELIA COE B 1873 IN WEXFORD FATHER-THOMAS,,,MOTHER-ELIZABETH.{SHUDAL?} JOSEPH AND BARBARA LIVED AT 50 MONSALL STREET,MILES PLATTING,MANCHESTER IN THE 1901 CENSUS,,CHILDREN-JOSEPH P B1895 & ROBERT F B 1897. THE COE FAMILY WERE FROM TENACRE,TOMHAGGARD PARISH,WEXFORD. IF THIS FAMILY IS RELATED TO YOU,,,OR IF ANYONE COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT THERE HISTORY IN WEXFORD,I WOULD BE GREATFUL.CHEERS,,,MIKE.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GILBERT/COE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 July 09 17:20 BST (UK) »
Coe and Shudall are most definately church of ireland names.

If you contact The Rector, St. Iberius Church, The Rectory, Park, Wexford.

for any information which may be contained in the parish registers.
 Also contact the local history Department. Wexford Co.Library, Ardcavan, Wexford.

Hope this helps.

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 July 09 17:22 BST (UK) »
For Information on John Gilbert, contact  The Irish Lights Commission.
in Dublin I think but perhaps some other person will have the correct address.

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:26 BST (UK) »
found this index to a marriage and a birth don't know if its your family.

marriage. JONH GILBERT TO MARY RIPPENGALE WEXFORD 1859.
birth. JOSEPH GILBERT 9-2-1866. WEXFORD.

PARENTS. JOHN GILBERT & MARY RIPPINGALE.

found these births perhaps your coe family.

ESTHER 30-8-1865.HANNAH MARGARET 7-12-1866. FRANCIS EDWARD 9-7-1870.

CHARLES ALEXANDER 1-2-1872. BARBARA EMILY 21-1-1874. all born bannow, wexford

parents. thomas coe & elizabeth/bessy shudall.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 July 09 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Elizabeth Patterson i am from San Antonio TX .Iwas born in Galway my last name was Coe.Thomas w Coe and Elizabeth Shudall was my GreatGrandfather and GreatGrandmother their son Charles Alexander was my Grandfather.Ido have paper work on the family .i would love to hear from you.                    Hope to hear from you soon   Elizabeth

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 July 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
thanks to everyone for their help.....mike.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 July 09 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Elizabeth Patterson i am from San Antonio TX .Iwas born in Galway my last name was Coe.Thomas w Coe and Elizabeth Shudall was my GreatGrandfather and GreatGrandmother their son Charles Alexander was my Grandfather.Ido have paper work on the family .i would love to hear from you.                    Hope to hear from you soon   Elizabeth
hello Elizabeth,,,after looking again at what paperwork i have,,,there isnt much else i can tell you. i need to find out if my thomas coe is the the one that married elizabeth shudall?   the only thing i have is the baptism record of thomas coes daughter BARBERA AMELIA COE,,which states that she was born on the 22nd of january 1874 ,,,was baptized on the 22 february. father was a thomas coe,,,mother elizabeth..thomas is a schoolmaster.  the parish is tomhaggard and their abode is tenacre. i have BARBERAS marriage cert to JOSEPH GILBERT. I  have BARBERAS death cert. and i have her sons marriage and death certs.  if this is of any relevance to you,,i would love to hear from you,,,,regards,,,mike,

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 06:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike thank you for your E-mail well what you said in you letter we are family i have i have the paper work on them they had 13 children i have all their names and who they married and how many children they had and i have sodom other paper work to.my greatgrandfather died in1915 .It was my dad cousins who gave me soom of the paper work and the rest i found out my self. i dont mind giving anything i have.Do you live in England i go to London every year to see my daughter and grandchildren every year it would be nice if we could met up i would love to met your wife. Idont know if we can give out our Phone number and E-mail address please let me know that way i can send your wife soom paper work. My husband name is paul. Hope you can read this as i am not very good at this .Hope to hear from you soon .Elizabeth

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 08:55 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Elizabeth. So nice that you've found another relative to exchange information with but you aren't allowed to post personal details such as email address, phone numbers, etc. online here. After you've made 3 posts you will be able to use PM (Personal Message) system to contact other Rootchatters privately.
www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!