Author Topic: GILBERT/COE family  (Read 17344 times)

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GILBERT/COE FAMILY
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 20:07 BST (UK) »
I am sorry i did know that .Ihope to be able to do that soom                     Thank you Elizabeth

Offline ericjenkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 August 09 14:49 BST (UK) »
my grandmother was elizabeth coe carrigeen street wexford 1911.if you look up www.census.nationalarchives you will find census return 1911 for t coe tenacre wexford i think he was uncle of my elizabeth coe carrigeen st.
correction she was my great grandmother

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 August 09 19:00 BST (UK) »
i am the great granddaughter of Thomas Coe is Elizabeth Coe the sister of Thomas Coe I would to hear from you about any of the family and if i can help you i will .Thank you

Offline ericjenkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 August 09 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,lucky irish,

the last link i gave doesnt seem to work.try www.nationalarchives.ie and look up census 1911.
i dont think elizabeth was a sister to thomas  perhaps a daughter in law,she was a widow aged 38
in 1911.i would imagine her husband was a relation of thomas coe tenacre wexford as coe is an unusual name in wexford and ireland and tenacre is approx 15 miles from carrigeen st wexford where
elizabeth lived.i knew sam coe who was 3 in 1911 very well,he worked for my father who was his nephew and died relatively recently.best of luck with your search!

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 August 09 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you so much for E-mail me back you said that Sam Coe work for your father i hope you dont mind me asking you this is your father name Shudall as i am looking for that name as well.I met Sam once he was very nice but he died a few years after that so i was not able to ask him much about the family he was my father s cousin so if you now any thing please let me know. Do you know where Thomas Coe was buried i am trying to find out .By for now from San Antonio Texas

Offline ericjenkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 14 August 09 17:27 BST (UK) »
hi luckyirish,
my fathers name was jim jenkins,his mother was charlotte coe,sam coes sister.
im afraid i dont know where thomas coe is buries but in the 1911 census he states his occupation as sexton of church of ireland church.the nearest c of i church wouls be in bridgetown wexford which is less than 5 miles away so perhaps he was buried there.
the link i gave before in this thread lists 14 shudalls in county wexford in 1911
if you cant find it let me know any names that were alive in 1911 or their adress and i can look it up.
sams wife betty has also passed away a few years ago,they are survived by george coe and helen coe their children helen is a farmar in sligo and george a history teacher in kilkenny

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 14 August 09 17:54 BST (UK) »
Please remember that details of living people shouldn't be posted here- such information can be exchange via PM (personal message).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 14 August 09 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi i haveTry-ed to find the name Shudall in the 1911census but i cant find any when Thomas W Coe and Elizabeth Shudall got married one of the witness was Francis Shudall i think that might be her brother her father s name was Charles Shudall the were from Duncomick Wexford. so you are family to the coes if you are wecome to family.i have been trying for years to find soom one.When i met Sam Coe It was only for 2hours he did not tell me much but he gave me the paper with all the names on it. and just after that he died, and  we moved and i could not it And then i lost my son.and after that i was looking for soom thing and i found it .Do you know of any of the coes. My grandfather was a brother to Sam Coe Father his name was ThomaswCoe will by for now hope to hear from soon.my grandfathers name was Charles A Coe

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 14 August 09 23:43 BST (UK) »
There are 29 people named Shudall/Shudel listed in Co. Wexford in 1911 census.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!