Author Topic: OWEN family  (Read 10138 times)

Offline Kathleen Owens

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OWEN family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Virginia USA!

I am researching my husbands Owens line.  I have the oldest connection, immigrant John Owen (Owens), coming from Bodior, Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, Wales to Virginia in 1652.  I'm trying to find a connection to others off this line.   My email is  (*).

Thanks!  Kathleen

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Owens and Truslow - Wales/England
Nestor and Ejsmont - Poland

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,

I am sorry but happylady's emails are not working at the moment, I have sent her a message but we will have to wait for her to log in for her to read it.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 May 15 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been looking into your Richard and Catherine Owen and the children you mention - John, Mary and Richard.

I have found that Richard Owen age 24 (Father Owen Owens) married Catherine Jones age 24 (Father John Jones) at Rhodogeidio Church on 11 March 1860. Both were from Llannerch-y-medd and the fathers were Labourers.

Their children  - John was born 16 Nov 1869 at Rhodogeidio; Mary on 6 July 1874 at Llanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd; and Richard on 14 Dec 1879 at Llangwyllog.

Richard appears to have died 7 Jan 1924 at Llanfair M E age 86 and Catherine 5 Dec 1923 also at Llanfair M E age 85. The informant on both occasions was their son Richard.

There is also a marriage between a John Owen (Father Richard Owen) and Mary Jones (Father Thomas Jones - a stonemason) on 22 May 1893 at Llechylched - Capel Gwyn - but I am suspicious of this as John was a widower age 38 at the time with Mary being a spinster age 23.

Is this the family you are seeking?

Alan

Offline happylady

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 January 17 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for your suggestion, Tall Al.  Sorry it has taken so very long for me to 'come back' to Rootschat.  I don't think this is 'my' family.  I do know that my John Owen was born in 1870 and that his father, Richard, died before the 1924 death that you found.  Similarly, the marriage you found can not be right, because of the age of the John Owen.  However, I'm so grateful to you for your suggestions.
Owen, Thomas, Webb, Wilcox, Reynolds, Rees