Author Topic: Where have all the TIMBERLAKES gone?  (Read 16470 times)

Offline markluge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where have all the TIMBERLAKES gone?
« Reply #27 on: Monday 26 December 16 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann.
My Grandparents were Alfred Sydney Timberlake and Amy Gladys. I heard stories of your grandfather Harold in far away Australia! As a child was always fascinated by the fact I had a great uncle living that far away.
Great to read your posts.

Offline Ann McGrath

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 31 December 16 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,
I can't tell you how excited I feel to hear from you! [I tried a lot of family trees - Timberlake]. I was meant to come to England with my G/parents as a kid, whilst Jessie was still alive. My Grandparents Mark meant the world to me, they were my supportive parents. My mother & father divorced & had different families. I have my G/fathers original birth certificate along with my G/mothers. There wedding certificate & your Grandfather was a witness to the marriage. you know there were a few secrets kept regarding the Timberlake's. I can hear like it was yesterday - Alf being mentioned & did your G/mother go by the name Gladys, although there was a Gladys on Connie's [G/mother] side. Nearly 3 years ago I was going to go to England, Scotland etc with friends - one thing stopped me, although wanting to see England I couldn't go without finding where Alfred John Timberlake, Jessie Elizabeth & baby Jessie Victoria were buried, even though Jessie Elizabeth Timberlake died in 1965 I couldn't find where they were. I could of kicked myself thousands of times hearing stories but never did I dream of asking where are the families. I know Alfred J. died young of diabetes. I knew that. I am 60 years old & have 6 grown children & 6 G/children, Harold & Connie were my kids G/parents also Mark.  My youngest son is called Mark. Not too long ago I read an article in an English magazine after emailing 100's of different Cemeteries, getting on Roots chat, Ancestry, being knocked back by some people with the name Timberlake [whom I'm sure was related to your Alfred & Harold]. Well in the magazine was the cemetery named Colchester, Essex. was mentioned, I tracked it down & it certainly looks like a lot of Timberlake's are there. I knew I couldn't go without what I call paying my respects. You would of loved Nanna & Granddad, I was 38 when they died within weeks of each other, if I need advice it's them I still turn to [what would they have advised me to do]. Granddad was a Compositor for a Newspaper & that's where I met my husband. Mark I hope you have fond memories of Alfred that you would like to share.   This is a wonderful New Years gift from you to me.....Ann x

Offline markluge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 01 January 17 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,
Happy New Year.
It's great to hear back from you. I am over at my mums house right now who is Alf (known as Tim) and Gladys' daughter. She was really happy to hear that you had written back also. Look forward to chatting more by email soon.
Cheers
Mark

Offline markluge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 01 January 17 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,
Will PM you. Would be good to get my mum and you in contact as she knows quite alot about the family
Cheers
Mark

Offline Robertsoncrusoe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 02:01 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I have been researching a great uncle, Jack Robertson, who died in WW2 in the UK where he was posted with the RCAF. He spent the last week of his life with a Bessie Timberlake, mother of Ralph and Mary, in Watford, Hertfordshire. They would have been related in some way to his uncle Bowman Whitcombe Timberlake, the son of Reverend William Timberlake and Emily Balfour Moore, who married shortly before emigrating to Canada in the 1870s. William and Emily lived in and around Montreal, Ottawa, and Kingston in Canada. In a 1941 letter I have from Bessie to Jack's parent's, she mentions taking a day trip from Watford to visit her cousin Joe Timberlake's farm, which is either in (or is called) something that looks like "Nadoc" (or "Nastoc"?). I was wondering if anyone knew the relationship between William, Bessie, and Joe, and might be able to clarify the name of the farm. Many thanks in advance.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 25 September 19 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi & welcome to Rootschat

The 1901 census has a Joseph Timberlake born 1874 in Abbots Langley with wife Eunice Kate nee Simon's living at Hastoe Farm Tring where he is the farm bailiff. Joseph is still at the same farm for the start of WW2, his death is registered in 1942 Berkhamstead which is correct for Tring. Could this be cousin Joe.?? If so it may help to lead back to Bessie Timberlake.

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk