Author Topic: 1861 census lookup Flint ?/Complete  (Read 3110 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1861 census lookup Flint ?/Complete
« on: Sunday 12 July 09 09:00 BST (UK) »
would some one do a look up please for a Daniel Jones age unknown  he is a coal miner and his wife Sarah Jones born 1836
Sarah Jones is in Whitford  by 1871 a widow with 2 children Thomas age 7 and Mary age 8mths  a look up by Paul suggests the father of Thomas was Daniel Jones the only death I can find for a Daniel Jones between 69-71 is 88 years old the only marriage found is 1850
which would of made Sarah only 15 and the registration says both of full age

audrey

Offline Ye Olde Friar

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census lookup Flint ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 July 09 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey

I think its Whitford for the 1871 and not Whitworth ???

Offline Old Mother Reilly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 July 09 09:37 BST (UK) »
Daniel Jones        Head    43    Coal miner    Born Flint, Whitford

Sarah Jones         Wife     33    –                   Born Flint Whitford (Something I can’t read in the infirmity column – sorry)

David Jones         Son        9     Scholar         Born Flint (not sure of RD could just be a smudged "Do" for Whiltford)

William Jones       Son        7     Scholar         Born Flint

Mary A Jones        Dau.      5     Scholar         Born Flint

Elizabeth Jones    Dau.      2     -                   Born Flint

Class: RG9 Piece: 4267 Folio: 26 Page: 19 GSU Roll: 543259

However, there is another Daniel Jones: Collier, Married to Sarah Jones (aged 39) at Bagilt, Holywell, Flint.

Class: RG9; Piece: 4269; Folio: 75; Page: 25; GSU roll: 543259.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rachel
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 July 09 10:15 BST (UK) »
Rachel
thanks for the lookup that looks like the family from the 1850 marriage of Daniel Jones to Sarah Roberts  and by the age of Sarah Jones I would have to rule that one out The Sarah Jones I am looking for would be about 25 years old  I suppose the could be any where  coal miners seem to go from Pit to Pit  Sarah Jones married a Samuel Spencer in 1872 and had a daughter in 1873 she married William Francis in Durham 1891 they were both from Wales , they had 9 children all but 2 born in various places in  North Wales .I thought I had this family sorted but I have just discovered in the last week that Sarah Francis /Spencer/Jones had been married twice but all the kids gave Samuel Spencer as their father on there marriage certs when in fact some of the were from the previous marriage to Unknown Jones .Jemima is Spencer on her birth cert. but when her own children were born she gave her name as Sarah Francis formally Jones

audrey