Author Topic: Joe GARMANSON Victoria mid 1800s??  (Read 1803 times)

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joe GARMANSON Victoria mid 1800s??
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 July 09 08:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks all Cheers, Rob

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 January 18 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Since 2009 I have not found anything on this person. Perhaps someone else may see this & know something! Cheers Rob

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Macushla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 March 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob,

I hope that I won't send you on a wild goose chase, and that I have read your thread correctly.

Has it been suggested that the correct name could be Gormanston? This name comes up like a ghost in my research; there are rumours that a family member was related to the fourteenth Viscount Gormanston, Governor of Tasmania 1893-1900, but I can't find a link, although researching Irish aristrocracy is not something I really know about! As far as I am aware, the title and the family seat remain, in Meath, Ireland.

Gormanston is also apparently something of a ghost town in Tasmania.

Hope I have helped and not hindered!