Author Topic: ELLIS family  (Read 8582 times)

Offline sarahlouise345

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ELLIS family
« on: Wednesday 15 July 09 11:16 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find any information on three of my great-grandmother's brothers. They are/were Francis Harry Ellis, Hedley Gilbert Ellis and William Thompson Ellis. I believe they emigrated from England to Victoria in the 1920s.

My request is for any information or lookups that might reveal whether they married or had children after they emigrated, and their dates of death. If it helps, Francis was born in 1893, Hedley was born circe 1895 and William was born in 1892.

Thanks in advance for anything you can find,

Sarah
Webb, Stokes, Pritchard, Pritchett, Beaufoy, Ellis, Thompson, Smith, Robbins, Howes, Stocks, Rigg, Scott, Wilby, Nettleton, Goodall, Hall, Collier, Crabtree, Bluck, Doughty, Micklethwaite, Hoyland, Cheetham, Taylor, Swindells, Berry, Shaw, Keap, Cook, Smith again, Holland, Webster, Lord, Leemin, Isherwood, Thomas, Kenyon, Flanaghan, Walsh.
And Edwards, Sylvia, married to Mr Green, 3 kids, sued your own mother - I want a word with you! And so does your brother! [run!]

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIS family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Have found a

Hedley Gilbert ELLIS  married Marj Phyllis HUNT  1928  Victoria

William Thompson ELLIS married Jesse BROWN in 1922 Vic

Cant see Francis at the moment,  will have another look...

Daizi

Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 11:28 BST (UK) »

But and also ...

deaths....

Hedley Gilbert ELLIS parents  Francis Harry ELLIS and Minnie THOMPSON  died Ballarat 1957  age 62

William Thompson  ELLIS died  1961 in Ballarat age 69 (parents as above )

Also a Francis Enoch to the same parents died Parkville 1978  age 85

added   Jesse ELLIS parents Charles Brown and Ellen BATES died Ballarat 1958 age 68

Daizi

Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline Raylen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 12:07 BST (UK) »
1936 Electoral Roll - Victoria    .......added   1931 is the same details

ELLIS Francis Enoch - Inspector
ELLIS Ethel Beatrice - Home Duties
29 De Carle Street, Blyth

Marriage
Ethel Beatrice PRYKE
Francis Enoch ELLIS
1917  Reg 1599

Raylen

Tuck-Baydon,Wiltshire
Woolford-Hampshire
Christie-Stirling

Offline Raylen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 12:22 BST (UK) »

Ethel Beatrice ELLIS
died 1950 Age 54
S Melb  Reg 4992
Father - Geo Bryke (seems to be mistranscibed)
Mother - Mary Ann Balderson

Birth - Victoria
ELLIS  Francis Ronald
1918  Bwk N  Reg 9070
Father - Francis Enoch
Mother - Ethel Beatrice Pryke

Marriage - Victoria
ELLIS  Francis Ronald
BARRY Jean
1941  Reg 18824

Raylen
Tuck-Baydon,Wiltshire
Woolford-Hampshire
Christie-Stirling

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 July 09 00:18 BST (UK) »
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/
World War 2 nominal Roll
shows record for Francis Ronald Ellis

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Mishlin57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 April 10 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarah,
My name is Michelle (Ellis) Linton.  Hedley Gilbert Ellis was my grandfather he was born 7 Aug 1894 Solihul Warwickshire d: 14 Oct 1957 Ballarat Vic (Heart attack) . He married Marjory Phyllis Hunt (b: 17 Feb 1911)   in 1928. They had 4 children (*)

The photo attached is Hedley Gilbert & Marjory Ellis taken about 1935. I would love to hear from you.

Moderator Comment: Details of living persons removed as per RootsChat policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share personal information. Thank You.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,368728.msg2632620.html#msg2632620
Mishlin57 :)

Offline Mishlin57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 April 10 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hello again Sarah,
Your great grand mother I gather was Marjorie Ruth, I would love to get any information on her family, I believe she married a Pritchard other than that, I have no other information. Also did the other brother, Percival Harry ever marry?  I'm soooo excited to have made contact with a direct relative in the UK for this branch of my family.
The photos attached are Francis Harry with wife Minnie and sons William Thompson, Francis Enoch & Hedley Gilbert the second is of Hedley Gilbert and his mother Minnie not long before he immigrated to Australia.
If you want please contact me on (*)
regards  Michelle.

Moderator Comment: email address removed as per RootsChat policy to help prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.
Mishlin57 :)

Offline sarahlouise345

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 27 May 10 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle

Hello!! Yes, my great-grandmother was Marjorie Ruth. She married Frank Pritchard in Solihull in 1929 and they had one son, my grandfather, Frank Ellis Pritchard [known as Ellis]. I will send you the details of the rest of my side of the family in a personal message in about 5 minutes' time :)

On a side note, the resemblance between Hedley Ellis and my grandfather Ellis Pritchard is incredible! I'll upload some photos of our lot, including grandad, as soon as I get our scanner to work.

So, talk to you in 5 minutes' :)

Many regards,
Sarah Pritchard
Webb, Stokes, Pritchard, Pritchett, Beaufoy, Ellis, Thompson, Smith, Robbins, Howes, Stocks, Rigg, Scott, Wilby, Nettleton, Goodall, Hall, Collier, Crabtree, Bluck, Doughty, Micklethwaite, Hoyland, Cheetham, Taylor, Swindells, Berry, Shaw, Keap, Cook, Smith again, Holland, Webster, Lord, Leemin, Isherwood, Thomas, Kenyon, Flanaghan, Walsh.
And Edwards, Sylvia, married to Mr Green, 3 kids, sued your own mother - I want a word with you! And so does your brother! [run!]