Author Topic: 22 children  (Read 1841 times)

Offline jacqlineue

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thomasina Garbutt (gt gran) and me aged 7 days
    • View Profile
22 children
« on: Thursday 16 July 09 21:09 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother Thomasina Garbutt (husband George) maiden name Garbutt had 22 children and I am trying to find them all.  Unfortunately their were many Garbutts in the Ashington area at this time.  I have the names of most but due to the long period of time (30 years) between the first and last child it is proving difficult to find the right ones.  As some of her children where born after her grand children you can imagine the difficulty.  She had 2 or 3 sets of twins.

In December 1960 there was a newspaper article about her in the Evening Chronicle which states that her eldest was 59 and her youngest 28. 

She lived in Ashington and her husband was known as the Silver King because of his white hair and dapper way of dressing.  George was blinded in WW1.

If there is anyone out there who can help me i would be glad to hear from them. 

I have the 1911 census information but that only gives the names and ages of 6 of her children.

Thank you for looking at this.

Regards

Jac
Garbutt Ashington Northumberland,
 Simpson SouthShields,
Clark Northumberland,
Dargue South Shields, 
Atkinson South Shields,
Ellis Tynemouth and Liverpool,
Sadler tynemouth,
Leathley, Routhledge,Forrest.
Herfy Germany,USA and London
Chester London and USA
Hopkins London
Hales London

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 22 children
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 July 09 22:15 BST (UK) »
From Ancestry, searching for Garbutt, mother's maiden name Garbutt, registration district Morpeth ;
Moderator Comment:   Some of these people may still be living.  Please send such sensitive information by personal message.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ginamw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 17 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi I think my Gran Doreen is also one of Thomasina's great grandchildren. My Gran's mother was called Ann an we live in South Shields. She has recently reconnected with her cousins from the Clark family. I think one of her cousins is called Billy Clark. From what I'm told we are also related to James 'Putty' Garbutt; the painter from South Shields. I'm just making a start on trying to research our family tree. I'm not really sure where to start as there seems to be an awful lot of Garbutts.

Offline jacqlineue

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thomasina Garbutt (gt gran) and me aged 7 days
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 March 17 21:56 GMT (UK) »
My father is William (Billy) Clark.  He is the grandson of Thomasina.  I have the whole or my dads Garbutt family tree which has taken me a decade to compile.  Thomasina was a Garbutt in marriage as well as maiden name.  She married her fathers cousin.  If you send me your  email address I will send you a copy of what I have.

Regards

Jac
Garbutt Ashington Northumberland,
 Simpson SouthShields,
Clark Northumberland,
Dargue South Shields, 
Atkinson South Shields,
Ellis Tynemouth and Liverpool,
Sadler tynemouth,
Leathley, Routhledge,Forrest.
Herfy Germany,USA and London
Chester London and USA
Hopkins London
Hales London

Offline Ginamw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 March 17 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes I think they all had a get together in south shields around Christmas. I'm just trying to research as much as I can with little to go on. Especially with the amount of Garbutt's I've found. It's hard to distinguish which ones are from which line. Any information you have would he great! My email is Removed

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Ginamw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 March 17 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Ah my email address has been removed. I think I can private message you it now I've made 3 posts.