Author Topic: Trim family -chideock, Dorset England  (Read 12501 times)

Offline BritBloke69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trim family -chideock, Dorset England
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 21:01 BST (UK) »
I have extensive records with regard to the Jerrard family from Chideock which include info about Thomas Trim and Susannah Jerrard.

Please visit www.jerrard.ca the genealogy section, combined certificates, marriage 1837 for a start and look in the Chideock section as well.

THOMAS TRIM AND SUSANNAH GERRARD

1.   Marriage
Chideock Parish Register on Microfilm at the Dorchester Record Office records the following:

Thomas White Trim married Susannah Gerrard on 17 Dec 1837 at Chideock Parish Church by Banns before Henry Rawlinson, Curate. Thomas was of Full Age but Susannah was a Minor. Both were from North Chideock; Thomas White was a Batchelor and Susannah a Spinster. Thomas White was recorded as a Labourer and his Father was Thomas White Trim (Deceased) formerly a Labourer. Susannah’s Father was Joseph Gerrard a Labourer

Both made their mark. The witnesses were Thomas and Betsey Bartlett (both X)

The entry was No 1 in the Register

2.   1841 Census
Thomas and Susannah are living next door to Susannah’s parents, Joseph and Susannah Spiller in North Chideock and Joseph’s eldest son John is either visiting or more probably lodging with them:

Name   Age Male   Age Female   Occupation   Where Born
Thomas Trim   25      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset
Susan Trim      20      Dorset
George Trim   2         Dorset
Sarah Trim      1      Dorset
John Jerrard   20      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset
William Hodder   45      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset

Just to say that Thomas and Betsy Bartlett are my 4xGreat Grandparents!

I know it's not really what you want to hear, but it's interesting to see they were witnesses for another marriage!