Author Topic: Trim family -chideock, Dorset England  (Read 12502 times)

Offline tjerrard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trim family -chideock, Dorset England
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 September 09 05:34 BST (UK) »
I have extensive records with regard to the Jerrard family from Chideock which include info about Thomas Trim and Susannah Jerrard.

Please visit www.jerrard.ca the genealogy section, combined certificates, marriage 1837 for a start and look in the Chideock section as well.

THOMAS TRIM AND SUSANNAH GERRARD

1.   Marriage
Chideock Parish Register on Microfilm at the Dorchester Record Office records the following:

Thomas White Trim married Susannah Gerrard on 17 Dec 1837 at Chideock Parish Church by Banns before Henry Rawlinson, Curate. Thomas was of Full Age but Susannah was a Minor. Both were from North Chideock; Thomas White was a Batchelor and Susannah a Spinster. Thomas White was recorded as a Labourer and his Father was Thomas White Trim (Deceased) formerly a Labourer. Susannah’s Father was Joseph Gerrard a Labourer

Both made their mark. The witnesses were Thomas and Betsey Bartlett (both X)

The entry was No 1 in the Register

2.   1841 Census
Thomas and Susannah are living next door to Susannah’s parents, Joseph and Susannah Spiller in North Chideock and Joseph’s eldest son John is either visiting or more probably lodging with them:

Name   Age Male   Age Female   Occupation   Where Born
Thomas Trim   25      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset
Susan Trim      20      Dorset
George Trim   2         Dorset
Sarah Trim      1      Dorset
John Jerrard   20      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset
William Hodder   45      Agricultural Labourer   Dorset

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 10:48 BST (UK) »
Thomas and Susanna are my husband's 3 greats-grandparents!

Sorry for only just finding this - I have been working on other lines lately!

Would love to share information if you'd like to PM me for an email address.
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline O1952

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Thomas and Susannah are my great great grandparents. Their son George and his wife Maria Bevan are my great grandparents and my grandfather was John Trim. My father was Colin Charles Trim. I have some information about the family and can be contacted at (*). Looking forward to hearing from you

Olwyn

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline whelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 March 12 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just thought I'd let you know about my investigations into Thomas White Trim.  Thomas White Trim was my great, great, great grandfather.

I found a baptism record for Thomas White Trim in Whitchurch Canonicorum dated 1811.  As Whitchurch Canonicorum is close to Symondsbury and Chideock, I have made the assumption that this is the correct person, especially as it is an unusual name.

There is also a Bastardy Order in the Dorset History Centre against Thomas White of Beer in Devon, Labourer. As mothers often got their child baptised with the fathers name, I have also made the assumption that this is Thomas' father.

Reference PE/WCC/OV 6/3/16 Title Order made out against Thomas White of Beer, Devon, labourer,
requiring him to pay maintenance for the support of the male bastard child of Elizabeth Trim
Date 4 Nov 1811

The final piece of information, also in the Dorset History Centre, is an apprenticeship indenture:
Reference PE/WCC/OV 5/43 Title Apprenticeship Indenture of Thomas Trim,
son of Elizabeth Trim - Apprenticed to Robert Tucker, yeoman
Date 6 Aug 1821

It would not be unusual for a 10 year child to apprenticed in the early 1800.

As in earlier messages, you know how many children Thomas White Trim and Susannah Trim nee Jerrard had, but I have 2 more to add: Charles 1851 (my line) and Samuel Gerrard (1856 - 1862).

Susannah Trim nee Jerrard died 17th March 1860 in Symondsbury, aged 42 of fever (I have a copy of her death certificate, but I haven't been able to transcribe the name of the fever).

I haven't found when or where Thomas White Trim died.

Hope this info is of interest to someone.

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 March 12 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Whelly,

Thank you so much for that information.

Charles TRIM is my husband's line as well - great-great-grandfather.

I'd love to share further information with you.

I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers

Karen.

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline whelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 March 12 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Unable to read PM as this is only my second posting and new members must make at least 3 postings before being allowed to used the pm facility.

This is my 2nd posting, so nearly there.  Will see if I have any more info to post to activate the PM facility.  Watch this site.

Elaine

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 March 12 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Sounds good - which of Charles' children are you descended from? My husband is descended from Mary Ann TRIM, who with her husband and children emigrated to New Zealand in 1914.

New Zealand,

Yorkshire

Offline whelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 March 12 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Didn't realise it but I do have a death certificate for a Thomas Trim, whether this is the right person or not I really don't know but it fits on several levels. 

29th January 1885 Union Workhouse Bradpole (which is in the right area for Symondsbury), aged 84, farm labourer of Symondsbury.  Died of Senile Decay.

As for Charles I can find 4 children.

Mary Ann (1873) married to a George Penny
Florence Ellen (1875)
John (1876)
William Charles (1878) was my great grandfather.

Elaine

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 02 March 12 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Lovely - I don't have anything on William's descendants so will be nice to fill out that branch of the tree!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Karen.

New Zealand,

Yorkshire