Author Topic: anderson  (Read 26606 times)

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: anderson
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 06 April 13 02:07 BST (UK) »
I don't think that Ellen Mary White-Spunner was a sister to your John. Ellen Mary was one of 11 children of Benjamin Nicholson White- Spunner and Letticia Damar/ Sandys, There doesn't seem to be any connection to Maria FitzHerbert but there could be this is almost impossible to trace. My Grandfather who spelt his name Anderton always said he was also related to George 2nd through the Duke of Cumberland. I have no proof of this claim. Yours Peto 

Offline richaalexa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 29 December 13 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I am the great grandson of Sophia Merrin, nee WhiteSpunner. She married in 1891, the reverend Richard Merrin and my grandmother, Zoe Isabel Merrin was her eldest child. Damer and Irene were the other two children. Zoe married my grandfather, Joseph Allison Alexander in 1925. They had three children, Richard Ian, my father, Ursula and Zoe. My father has two children, me, Richard and my brother, John.

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 30 December 13 03:15 GMT (UK) »
I have a letter written by Zoe to my Grandfather asking about Family history. My Grandfather was Joshua Thomas Noble Anderson who married Ellen Mary White-Spunner in Melbourne. Ellen Mary was your great Aunt I think. I also have some Photos of The marriage of Sophie to Rev. Mirren. Peto

Offline richaalexa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 30 December 13 19:24 GMT (UK) »
I also have photos of that marriage. i will post them here later. I live in Italy and my parents live in England, near London. Where do you live?

Offline SheilaW3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 26 October 15 17:01 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this, so hope I am doing it right. While I have no family connection to Reverend Richard James Merrin and his Wife Sophia White Spunner, the names were mentioned by my late Grandmother, Bridget Leonard who was their Servant when Reverend Merrin was Rector of Ballivor, County Meath. The 1911 Census contains the names of the family, and then my Grandmother. Would there have been a photograph of Rev. Richard and Sophia? I would love to see it, or any photos of them and / or their children. I do not know how long my Grandmother worked there, I do know she worked there when she married Michael Glennon who was Groom at the local Parkstown House, Ballivor. So they obviously met while she worked for the Merrins. In fact the local Parish Priest objected to her working for "Protestants" but she said that if he paid her the same wages as Reverend Merrin, that she would gladly work for him!!  I have no photograph of my Grandmother as a young Lady, but although its a long shot, strange things can happen in Genealogy and maybe she is on a photograph with the Merrins, who knows!!  Thank you for taking the time to read this. Kindest Regards,  Sheila Shanley.
Conkey, McLaughlin, Annett, Caffrey; Leonard; Glennon; Shanley; Gill; Murtagh

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 26 October 15 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheila!!
Great to read this. I am visiting in the UK at the moment and will get back to you ASAP

Offline Caroline ward

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 27 March 16 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi  not sure if you are still using this site, i hope you are as i just found it today.

My great grandfather a montgomery in adelaide born 1855 wales was a cousin of JT NOBLE ANDERSON and we have letters from him to the adelaide family  discussing the duke of cumberland link

through my great great  grandmother katherine isabella anderson who was supposedly one of the children also fathered by the duke of cumberland.

would love to discuss further

Offline Caroline ward

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 27 March 16 17:38 BST (UK) »
 Hi  my great aunt went to the wedding of one of  colonel henry anderson's sons. i would love to see a picture of him

caroline

Offline AusWS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 23 November 20 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone
I am another cousin from Australia, descendent of JT Anderson and Ellen Mary (nee Whitespunner).  I grew up hearing many family stories and visited Miltown several times.  It was an amazing place, with so much history.  Does anyone know what happened to the old portraits and furniture? My mother and grandmother stayed there before the second world war and my grandmother and her sisters also stayed there as children.  I also met cousins Dick, Dan, Alice, Eva, Eyre and Oonagh but never Zoe. With regards to the family tree, there seems to be many different theories.  Letitia Sandys/Damer was christened on the Isle of Man in 1833 (I think the name is recorded incorrectly as Damor).