Author Topic: bucklebury  (Read 42473 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: bucklebury
« Reply #63 on: Friday 04 March 11 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sally, have gone through all the messages and am now trying to trace John fisher and Ann, who lived at The Slade in Upper Bucklebury, which is quite close to where the later generations have lived.  I  have come across a Eliza Fisher in the 1841 census who I think maybe Edwards twin sister. I need to confirm by getting the records, that is my next step.  Edward Fisher (who married Hannah Selwood) is my Gt Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, his son Joseph Fisher Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, his son Charles my Gt Gt Grandfather, etc.

Hello,
Rather than answer all your individual queries, perhaps you would like to message me privately. I have an extensive database of many of the Bucklebury families, particularly the Sellwoods who are my paternal family.
I think that it is you to whom I have also left a message on the Bucklebury village message board.
Regards
Victoria
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 04 March 11 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Newburychap...

According to Vicwinann there are many Sellwood and Sellwood-related pedigrees at Christ's Hospital. As far as I know there is no link between us and the West's... we have got back no further than about 1700 but the West's were mid-1600's I think??

Matt

Hi Matt,
I am afraid that you are wrong. Our line of Sellwoods and most of those from Bucklebury and Bradfield, are registered with Christs Hospital, as am I. The link is with Stephen Sellwood's wife, Elizabeth Chapman, whose pedigree goes back to the Wests.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 27 August 14 20:52 BST (UK) »
Long time passed, I know, but who was looking at Selwood with poss link to Norris?

http://brianloomes.com/collecting/selwood/index.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline wagsloos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 05 November 16 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 Original studio photo of Josh Sellwood, looks like he is in wedding attire could have been taken the same day as the Mercy sellwood photo as its from the same studio.
Has my Grandmother's hand writing on the back saying Josh Sellwood, she was born in the 1890's so would have known him 

thanks
simon