Author Topic: A recent death has unearthed a goldmine.  (Read 2291 times)

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
A recent death has unearthed a goldmine.
« on: Wednesday 22 July 09 09:21 BST (UK) »
My uncle recently died in his 90th year, and my cousins going through his effects have found photos and family tree info.
These include photos of myself from baby to age 6-7. Photos of my mother and her six siblings in their early years.
The tree info includes a couple of great uncles and aunts that I never knew about on my grandfather's side and info on my aunt's [his wife] side which I hadnt began to even look at.

Even the saddest of times sometimes brings forth a little joy.

I am busy today adding all the photo and info into the tree Db
Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: A recent death has unearthed a goldmine.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 10:50 BST (UK) »
That's great, gensleuth!  And what a blessing that this stuff wasn't unthinkingly thrown out!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 July 09 09:32 BST (UK) »
You're very lucky, Gensleuth !   Stuff like that is priceless, and is so often lost when people pass away.

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 July 09 16:21 BST (UK) »
One of my cousins has now got the bug, and is busy compiling
Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline griz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 July 09 22:24 BST (UK) »
How wonderful. I agree with others who have said, thank goodness the precious material was not thrown out. I am very happy for you that you have these treasures.  :)
 I have some relatives who seem not to have had any pictures taken of them, or if there were pictures taken, they have been lost. So sad.
Boyle, Co. Leitrim  Boyle, Co. Tyrone, Shaughnessy, Co. Limerick, and  Manchester, UK.  Pope, Cheshire. Chadwick, Speke, Lancs.  Frankish, Hunmanby, Yorks.  Brindley, Audley, Staffs and  Middlesex.