Author Topic: Did any of your rellies work for Skegness Butlins?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Angel260268

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Did any of your rellies work for Skegness Butlins?
« on: Sunday 26 July 09 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My Great Grandfather Arthur Howe worked at the first Butlins in Skegness from 1936 when it opened to 1938 when he died.  Did your rellie work there?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Dalmatian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Did any of your rellies work for Skegness Butlins?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 August 09 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

My Grandfather Archibald Mantle worked there in ( I think late 1940īs and 1950īs ) He was an electrician.I contacted Butlinīs archive but they said they didnīt keep records of old employees - you canīt blame them really , they would need a warehouse just to store them.He lived at 135 Roman Bank , since demolished .Will try and download a photo of Archie at work , he is on the right , does any one know who the other two gentlemen are?
Wrights , Pickwells, Booths ,Lincolnshire
Mantles , Nottinghamshire
O'Reillys Ireland , Manchester , Skegness

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Angel260268

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Did any of your rellies work for Skegness Butlins?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 November 17 14:55 GMT (UK) »
My Grandad aka Arthur's son and his family lived at 239 Roman Bank, Skegness