Author Topic: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire  (Read 34167 times)

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,

I'm certain I saw the Henry Hughes you mention at" Migin"on one of the Census,he was living there with the elderly Edward Edwards whom was
widowed,Henry Hughe's birth place was Clocaenog Rhuthin.
Made an error here EDWARD EDWARDS 19Y's farm labourer 1881 census..EDWARD EDWARDS wid Farmer "Migin" 82y's in 1851....93y's in 1861..
I did wonder wether Henry was Morris & Jane Hughe's  Grandson,
because their first daughter was born at "Migin"..and the "Pen Y Bryn"
connection is,Morri's parents lived there,Richard & Catherine(Tudor) Hughes.Then Morri's brother Richard & Catherine(Evans) took over the farm,and their son Richard & Phoebe(Evans) the parents of John "Ceiriog"Hughes The Lyric poet, Phoebe's husband,Richard Hughes died in 1859 at Penybryn Llanarmon D.C. Regards Annun       

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annun and Gadget

I have just obtained a copy of the marriage certificate from Find My Past for Robert Edwards of LLandderfel and Jane Evans of Pennant Melangell 21.11.1758 being a possible marriage as mentioned in Gadget's earlier posting.  The Witnesses were John Evans and John Thomas.  As mentioned in my earlier posting the name JOHN THOMAS  of Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant and JANE his widow appeared  as parties to the Letters of Administration (Probate)on Robert's death in 1778 at Megin.  John Thomas could have moved to Llanrhaeadr at some date.   Do you think I have finally found Robert's marriage?

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 19 February 11 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aldeas. an entry in the Llanarmon PR
  21 May 1762 burial of Thomas Jones son of John of "Migin",would that have been "John Thomas"perhaps,
Do you recall the posting of the Marriage of "Maurice Hughes"and Mary Thomas 25/May/1792 the witnesses were"John Thomas"& Thomas Hughes..Regards Annun

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 19 February 11 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annun

I didn't realise the burial in 1762  was John Thomas of "Megin" although the entry is given as "fegen".   The date of the Probate Agreement  I referred to was 1778 so  I suppose this could have been the same Thomas family  living in Llanrhaeadr at the time of Robert's death.   You also have a point about the witness to the marriage of Maurice Hughes in 1792.   The mystery deepens.  I just don't know what to make of it all !!!!  By the way if you want to contact me off the website at any time about all this my e-mail  address is (*)

Regards Aldeas

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 28 February 11 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aldeas.
Went to St Garmon's Llanarmon D.C,to see if by chance that if the Edwards family & the Hughe's,whom had family, property and Chapel & Church conectionns whilst living,were they buried in the same area of the Church yard, Result,

Grave (1)           MEGIN
Edward Edwards born 1768,died April 1865 aged 97 y's.

Jane Edwards daughter,died August 1860 aged 60 y's.

Edward Edwards son ,died January 1867 aged 60 y's.

Grave (2)           MEGIN
Elisabeth Edwards wife of Edward died 26.--1845 aged 76 y's

Grave (3)           MEGIN
Robert Edwards born 1730 died April 25 1778 aged 48 y's.

Jane Edwards born 1737 died August 1st 1818 aged 81 y's.

Grave (4)         TY COCH
William Edwards born 1814 died 1892 aged 78 y's
              &
Frances Edwards..
              Regards Annun

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annun

Great news. Thank you so much.   You have been very busy.  Did you find anything  out about Jane and Morris Hughes and do you know the date of death for Jane?  I have been in touch with Flintshire record office and they told me that Elizabeth Edwards nee Daniel died 26.10.1845.  As far as Robert Edwards is concerned...it is great that you have the date of his birth and death of his wife Jane but I am still struggling to find out where they were born and married.  Did you see the gravestones in the churchyard or was this information from the church records?  The only birth I found on Find My Past for a Robert Edwards was 9th March 1730, father William Edwards mother Jane at Castell Caereinion, Montgomeryshire.  I suppose this is a possibility but there is no mention of a marriage.   Will keep trying.

Thanks again

Regards Aldeas

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun

I have a copy of a marriage entry for Robert Edwards, widower, of LLanarmon to Jane Roberts, widow,  of Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, on  27th August 1755.  What do you think...could this be our Robert?

Regards Aldeas :)

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,
               Thomas & Elisabeth Hammond of Hen Hafod Nantur, Llangadwaladr Denb's.Thomas is the son of John & Mary Hammond,of Hen Hafod Nantur,Thomas born 4.11.1802 and  christened at Llanarmon D.C. Church, and was married on 25.4.1838 at Clocaenog Church to Elisabeth Hughes born 7.5.1802 at Llansantfraid Glyn Ceiriog, the daughter of Morris Hughes & Jane Edwards.
Thomas Hammond lived and died at Hen Hafod and had Freehold of the Anchor Inn Rhosymedre. A daughter named Jane married a Richard Williams,their offspring become Hammond - Williams.  regards Annun
Thomas & Elisabeth Hammond's grave in Llanarmon D.C,St Garmon Church yard is close to the Hughes & Edward's graves.

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Thursday 26 January 12 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi annun

Hope you are well.  Many thanks for the information on Morris Hughes and Jane Edwards.  I have updated my family tree. I still haven't been successful in tracing the marriage and birth of Robert Edwards and Jane although I did find on "Find My Past" an entry for a Robert Edwards born  9.3.1730 to a William Edwards and Jane of Castell Caereinion, Montgomeryshire,  and a marriage in Pennant Melangell, Montgomeryshire,  of a Robert Edwards to Jane Evans 21.11. 1758 which could be a possibility.  The witnesses were John Evans (possibly Jane's father or brother) and John Thomas who is possibly the John Thomas mentioned on the Bond at the time of Robert's death in 1778, although he was a farmer living in the LLanraeadr ym Mochnant area in 1778. What do you think ?

Regards