Author Topic: Tillstone Family  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Chrisy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tillstone Family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 October 16 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi just found this post Alfred tillstone of spring gardens is my great grandad his son was George and Ron tillstone and my dad was goerges son nick tillstone and his sister is Pam and now me Chris tillstone
Currently researching my family history and have got as far back as Stephen Tillstone who lived in Lewes (1838-1901). Surely he should appear on the 41 and '51 census, therefore I could see who is father and mother were but can't. Also can't trace who Flora Francis Graimes parents were and who Kate Clayton from Rock Ferry in Cheshire was.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 October 16 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrisy and welcome to Rootschat,
Unfortunately Tilly92 has not been on for some years now and I see there is a note to say her emails are not working so she will not have had a notification of your post.
If you require more help with your tree then do start a fresh topic as I am sure there will be lots of people willing to assist.

Offline DeannaA

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 May 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
Chris Tillstone, my Grandmother is Joyce Mabel Tillstone and she had a recorded address of 30 Spring Gardens as well.  Her father was William and mother Flora.  It looks as though Alfred Reginald a Tillstone was baptized in 1924, and died at the age of 3 in 1927.  There is likely more Alfred Tillstones.    Have you found any further connections with this information?  My family is heading to Lewes from Canada, perhaps we’ll learn more when we are there

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 May 18 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hi and Welcome,
Chrisy has not been on rootschat for a couple of years but if you make another post (just reply to this) then it will activate our private message system.  Click on the green letter icon under the user name and it will enable you to make contact provided the email address has not changed.
When you are in Lewes it would be worth a visit to the local record office at The Keep, just outside Brighton.  The Sussex family History Group have a library there too.
https://www.sfhg.org.uk/library.html   Do join if you are not a member as they have a lot of online records for members.
Enjoy your stay in Sussex.