Author Topic: James Connolly  (Read 47119 times)

Offline srey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Connolly
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 November 09 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am also related to James Connolly - I am a great grand niece of his wife Lillie Reynolds.  Would love to pass on / exchange info with anyone.

Offline Connolly1916

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 November 09 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Srey

Would Margaret Reynolds be your Gt Grandmother?

Offline srey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry for slow reply - yes - Margaret Reynolds (nee Nolan) is my great -grandmother.  she was married to George Reynolds who had 16 children - my grandfather (also George) was one of them.  Can I ask how you are related to me?  I am working on my family tree at present so would love to fill in all the blanks I can - maybe you can help.  I'll try to answer any questions I can also.

Thanks - SRey.

Offline Connolly1916

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 December 09 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello SRey,

Good to hear fro you. Well this is getting interesting. The Margaret I was thinking of was James's wife Lillie's twin sister.

I knew Lillie had two brothers, but didn't know their names.
I now know one of them - not forgetting his wife - Thanks to you.

Would you know your great grandfather's George Reynolds's brother's name and whether he got married? 

My grandmother is Moira Connolly (James's youngest daughter).

Im no expert on Family Trees, but I believe this makes your great grandfather George my great great uncle?! Which I think makes us third cousins?? Lol.

Regards

Marcus

Offline srey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 December 09 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Dear Marcus,

I live in the UK - do you? as I found out that * married * and had 4 children and lived in the Harrow area.  The four children's names I have are: *, *, * and * - please correct me if I'm wrong.  I got this info from Mr. * - the son of * who lives in Essex.  Which child are you descended from and would you mind giving me the names of who her children married and any grandchildren?  This would be great as it is the only line I have little info on.  My great grandfather George (one of lillie's brothers) was married 3 times - first wife Bridget died, then to Alice Hannon who also died, then finally to Margaret Nolan who bore him 13 children (in addition to the 1 from first wife, and 2 from second).  George lived from 1861 to 1932 and Margaret Nolan from 1874 to 1945.  Both are buried in Dublin.  George's brother was his identical twin and they lived in the same house in Dublin once married.  he was John (Johnny in books).  He lived from 1861 to ? He married Mary Bannister - I don't have much information on her.  They lived and are buried in Dublin - they had no children. We seem to have different info on her sister.  I thought the twins were only the brothers and I found info on a Margaret Reynolds who died in scotland in 1900 in  childbirth which fits with info in one Connolly book.  Do you have any different info?  none of my family are aware of her sister at all.   Yours  Sarah Austen (nee Reynolds).

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living people in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline ConCon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 July 10 21:44 BST (UK) »
HJenk, Connolly1916, SRey - It was very interesting reading your posts.

I am a relation of James Connolly also. I am his great great granddaughter from Roddy's (his only son) line of family. I'm working on a family tree myself and all the information you have provided is fitting in nicely. I have managed to go back as far as both sets of James' grandparents, across to his aunt and uncle on his fathers side and a few cousins. I have a bit of information on Ina's descendants as well as Roddy's.
I would love to expand my family tree even more so anyone with any info or who would like any info do get in touch.

HJenk - What child of James Connolly does your family come form?

Offline srey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 July 10 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi ConCon,

Great to hear from you - I'd love to know how you are related as I am in touch with some of Roddy's descendants - maybe our paths have crossed already?  I have most of the descendants of Roddy as well as descendants of the other Connolly children, but little information on Aideen Connolly and her line.  Do you have any information on lillie connolly?  she was my great grand aunt and I'm trying to find out where she was born exactly in county wicklow and where her parents came from. I have plenty of information to share if you like.  I'm based in the UK but in Ireland several times a year also.

Hope to hear from you.
S Rey

Offline ConCon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 July 10 09:26 BST (UK) »

Hi S Rey,
I don't have much info on Aideen other than she was born in Edinburgh on 3rd March 1895. Her middle name was Lily (not Lillie).
I am JC's great great granddaughter. My grandfather Seamus is his grandson and one of the sons of Roddy from his first marriage. My dad, who is also called Roddy, is his great grandson. What descendants of Roddy's are you in contact with?
I'd love to hear some of your findings and information.
•Do you know anything about James' brother Thomas? He's very hard to find info on. I do know that he was born April 27 1866.
•Who did Moira marry? What children did she have?
•I have Mary Richards (nee Connolly) down as John Connolly's (brother of James) daughter but I don't have a name for his wife or other possible children.
I have a million questions but I don't want to bombard you with them all!
I live in Ireland but fly to the UK quite often. 
I've been asking family members about where Lillie was born in Wicklow and where her parents were from but haven't got a definite answer yet. I'll keep trying and let you know if anything comes up. 
Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon.

Offline ConCon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 July 10 16:19 BST (UK) »
S Rey,
I've been on to my grandfather and there are two versions as to where Lillie was born. The first is Rathnew in Co. Wicklow and the other is Carnew. Nora believed it was Rathnew her mother was from. Births were registered in Rathdrum although she might not be registered as it was not compulsory and if she was it could be under the name Elizabeth Reynolds and not Lillie.
Hope this helps.
ConCon