Author Topic: In Search of the Forlorn Hope - Chatham 1813  (Read 1272 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
In Search of the Forlorn Hope - Chatham 1813
« on: Friday 31 July 09 17:23 BST (UK) »
I understand this book is the best resource for finding out which regiments were in a particular place at a particular time [NOT where a particular regiment was at a particular time]. Does anyone know if it is possible to view this book online? Or has it been filmed by the LDS? If so, does anyone know the film numbers or how to find them?

I am trying to find out which regiments may have been at Chatham, Kent in 1812 - 1814, where my great great grandfather was born. Both he & his son served in the 87th regiment RIF. perhaps his father was a serving soldier or marine? I do read that Chatham may have been temporary barracks for regiments en route abroad.

Many thanks, Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of the Forlorn Hope - Chatham 1813
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 February 18 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Bringing this to the top again.....

I have been recently trying to reduce the amount of paperwork in my genealogy 'stuff'. I came across photocopies of 6 double pages of 'In the Forlorn Hope', I sadly cannot remember how I obtained them. Each refers to the 87th, but in 4 cases the reference is on the left hand page & the location is on the previous page - which I don't have.

Can anyone provide copies of pages 725, 739, 743 & 759 please? Or at least tell me of the last location on each of those pages which would have been carried over onto pages 726, 740, 744 & 760. I would be extremely grateful as this could crack a long standing brick wall.

Many thanks, Josey
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 February 18 15:37 GMT (UK) »
725 - Portsmouth
739 - Nivelle
743 - Toulouse
759 - Ireland, General
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 February 18 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you SO much, that's very helpful.