Author Topic: David Campbell Ferguson  (Read 8294 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: David Campbell Ferguson
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 August 09 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

Addictive and obsessive this all is  :)

The R.H.S ref came from what you said was written on the back of the print of the 1891 census you have with a date which you wondered could refer to David's birth.

It's good to hear that David's father as shown on his marriage entry shows as a Farm labourer which could fit with those entries for a Duncan and wife Agnes in 1891 and 1901, specially with those references to Helensburgh on his entries. His marriage entry would let you confirm a connection to the family of John Ferguson and Catherine McIntyre.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mos

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 October 12 16:24 BST (UK) »
hi Jan, i have just joined rootschat,i read your post because of the link with duncan Ferguson. the 1901 census that Monica1 posted to you is my g.g grandfather. they stayed at heatheryhaugh then moved along the road to crosskeys in between helenburgh and luss. my older sister has done alot of work with the family tree. my father was raised in crosskeys. this year we also went to lochgoilhead and spoke with the registrar.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 October 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi mos

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Jan has not been online on RootsChat since May this year. She should receive an email nofitication of your post and hopefully post back.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline janmacD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 October 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mos.  I'm afraid I have not been able to spend much time on this lately but will begin again in earnest soon! I get so engrossed and it gets very time consuming!  I'm fairly sure that the 1901 Duncan & Agnes are not directly mine although suspect they must be related.  My grandfather's marriage certificate in 1923 records his parents as being Duncan and Catherine Ferguson. If your sister's research makes any connections I'd love to find out more! Thanks again!

Offline mos

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 October 12 21:53 BST (UK) »
hi Jan, i spoke with one of my sisters tonight and she reckons that the David you were talking about is the brother of my g grandfather john. to be honest i get a bit confused with some of it when it goes so far back. :) . if i can help in any way with your research please let me know. i know what you mean about it being time consuming. good luck with all your findings xx

Offline janmacD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 October 12 22:08 BST (UK) »
Well that would be very interesting to find out about.  I have no record of any of my grnadfather's brothers and sisters although we suspect there may have been a John a Donald and a Catherine so your g grandfather may be that John.  Once I get all my notes together again, I'll post any possible links I can find on here.  I'd be so grateful if your sister does too. Thanks again!
Jan

Offline HOUSE2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 15:40 BST (UK) »
 I was interested to read your post as I was born and brought up on a farm near to the Crosskeys. We rented some extra land where Heatheryhaugh once stood. I can remember seeing the ruins of the house but there wasn't much of it left. The two families I can remember staying at the Crosskeys are the Frames and the Bradleys. I believe it was a tollhouse and also a public house many years ago.
McAdam - Dunbartonshire/Kilmaronock - Scotland
Colquhoun - Dunbartonshire - Luss/Cardross. Tayvallich
Hambley - Scotland and Cornwall
Giles - Lochgelly, Fife & Lanarkshire
Mathieson - Scotland
Deazeley - Scotland & Ireland
Yates - Lanarkshire
Gordon - Lanarkshire & Ireland
Whyte/White - Fife & Lanarkshire
McLaren - Perthshire & Dunbartonshire