Author Topic: Just had to share .......  (Read 818 times)

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Just had to share .......
« on: Tuesday 01 March 05 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Received birth certificates for my great grandmother and great great grandmother (both on different sides of my maternal line) and found out the maiden names of their mothers.

One was what i had assumed it to be .... found a marriage on freebmd which matched the time frame but wasn't sure if the wife's name was correct ... it has been confirmed .... woohoo

The other has given me surnames i didn't know about. So being the nosy person that i am i looked on the LDS site and couldn't find anything .... gave it one last try and there was the marriage between my great great grandparents ....  ;D

Then being more curious looked at the 1851 census for Warwickshire and found my gg grandmother with her parents ... widowed ... prior to her marriage later that year to my gg grandfather.

Am dancing and cheering .... and no one here understands my excitement .....  ::)

Must continue my celebrations now before i head to bed .... nah don't think will go to bed yet ... won't sleep ....

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Just had to share .......
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 March 05 13:08 GMT (UK) »

.... and no one here understands my excitement .....  ::)

Jaki

Well, Jaki, everybody here understands your excitement.

I've leapt up from the computer with a shout of "Yes!" and have done a minor jig round the chair even when the connexion I'd found wasn't my own family.

Congratulations and let's hope it leads to much more

Judy

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 March 05 16:28 GMT (UK) »
No wonder our present families think we are all Strange!! ;D

Our past families knew exactly what was going on - they just thought they would hide it from us - to make it interesting.

When I find something out - put the details in my software programme - and it says "no blood relationship" - I scream at it - "But that's not the point" - it's the discovery that matters.

Well Done Jaki - hope you finally got some sleep as well.....

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline eileenb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaki - and well done.  Isn't it absolutely infuriating when you are the only one that is excited?

I had a similar experience last year when I found my grandfathers birth after searching for 8 years.  I rang 4 people to tell them and they were all out or on the phone.  I finally yelled out of my flat window (3 floors up) because I was fit to burst.  The lady who heard me was so surprised but she waited until I got downstairs and she was genuinely pleased for me. She was a total stranger and has nowtaken up family history!

I'm thrilled for you!!

Eileen
Hampshire -  Lewis & Mitchell & Hutchins
Lancs - Tattersall & Dillon
Wilts - Vockins, Chapman, Alexander
Fairground Travellers - Dillon Family