Author Topic: mary dunckley 1812 wicklow  (Read 12192 times)

Offline smayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mary dunckley 1812 wicklow
« on: Wednesday 05 August 09 07:18 BST (UK) »
trying to find anything on mary ann dunckley born abt 1812 , in wicklow,  married a john rice from cork, they moved to nottingham and were in the 1841 census , their first child was born in nottingham and was 5yrs in the 1841 census. so far cannot find anything about their marriage or where, is dunkley an unusual name in wicklow, are there any existing parish records ... gratfull for any help, thanks smayne..

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: mary dunkley 1812 wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 08:20 BST (UK) »
Catholic baptism records for Co. Wicklow are available on the pay-site of the Irish Family History Foundation (www.irish-roots.ie - the index is free once you register, records are transcripts and cost €5 each to view) but I dont see any Dunkley records listed.

There are three Dunckley records listed on Griffiths Valuation in Co. Wicklow. They are listed on Edward Street, Baltinglass.

see : http://www.rootschat.com/links/06ug/

This data is dated 1854. Tthe other people listed on that page are tennents of Dunckley family members.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline smayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mary dunkley 1812 wicklow
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 17:01 BST (UK) »
thankyou for your reply, i too could not find any one with that surname, so will follow up what you have listed , thanks again hope im lucky, smayne

Offline PMJACK1398

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mary dunckley 1812 wicklow
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 November 12 11:02 GMT (UK) »
I live in Nottingham and am a descendant of Maria Rice (daughter of John and Mary-Anne). 

I have attached a picture of Mary-Anne's grand daughter (my great grandmother)

Please get in touch if you would like any information

Paula

Offline smayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 November 12 15:19 GMT (UK) »
hi, thank you so much for sending photo, delighted,,, all my family past lived in nottingham, but we now live on iow,,,  my email address is
*  if you contact me we can swap what we know,,,  how we are related ,,, harrison and smallwood are my family names ,, i have a tree on ancestry and Genes Reunited, will look forward to hearing from you, there are i think a number of relatives in nottingham, have not been there for a number of years, thank you again it was a real surprise ,,,    serena

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline PMJACK1398

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 November 12 16:27 GMT (UK) »
So pleased you got back to me!
The photograph is of Emma Smallwood.  She married a Henry Jackson - who had Herbert Jackson, who had Philip Jackson (my dad).  I also have a tree on Ancestry, with as many details as I have been able to find.
I had given up on finding more about the Rice's, but this morning I decided to have another go, that's how I came across your post.  It was the 1st one I have put on this site, so your E-Mail is hidden from me until I have posted a few more comments.  I do have a few more pics of Emma Smallwood which I am more than happy to share.
The Rices lived in a dreadful area of Nottingham called Narrow Marsh.  It was reputed to be the worst slum in all of England.  If you haven't heard of it is is worth searching for online.  I have managed to locate a couple of old photos of the area in which the Rices lived.  It was all pulled down years ago. 

Offline smayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 November 12 10:31 GMT (UK) »
hi paula,
      thank you for all info,,  will try to find out more for you and send on,,
i have all details on family sites are you a member of any,, if not i can send by post,,
my great grandmother was ada smallwood, she had many children,, she married albert harrison,, i have stories from my mother when she was born and lived in nottingham,,,
i will get back to you as weekends a bit hectic,,
can i have your addresss ,,,     will ask my mother about where they lived,,  as well,   i know they worked in the cotton mills,,,
      all the best serena

Offline smayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 November 12 15:18 GMT (UK) »
hi paula,
      thank you for all info,,  will try to find out more for you and send on,,
i have all details on family sites are you a member of any,, if not i can send by post,,
my great grandmother was ada smallwood, she had many children,, she married albert harrison,, i have stories from my mother when she was born and lived in nottingham,,,
i will get back to you as weekends a bit hectic,,
can i have your addresss ,,,     will ask my mother about where they lived,,  as well,   i know they worked in the cotton mills,,,

Offline amporter89

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 December 16 00:13 GMT (UK) »
How interesting. My gg grandmother was Mary Ann Smallwood (Emma's sister?) would love to hear more. Thankyou