Author Topic: Tricketts of Newark  (Read 8792 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tricketts of Newark
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 November 16 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beverley

Do you have any dates ?   You said your gt grandfather was named Trickett where was this information from ?  Which child are you descended from and when and where were they born ?

As much information you can give the better

Carol

Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bevlang

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 November 16 14:33 GMT (UK) »
My mum told me ,she was Eileen   child of Helen  ,one of my grt grandfathers  not sure where she was born ,

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 November 16 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Beverley, welcome to Rootschat. As Sunflower says we do need more information.
Can you tell us- is your Grandma Helen still alive?
Do you know the name of your great gran from Sligo?
Do you think Jimmy was a nickname. Or could he have been James Trickett? Did he die in WW1.
Now if your grandma Helen is no longer with us, can you give us her maiden name?

Sorry  to be asking a lot of questions, but these are really basic things we need to do searches. ;)
The usual way is to start with what you know for certain.
Your birth certificate
Your parents marriage certificate
Your parents birth certificates, and build your way up the tree.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline bevlang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 November 16 16:49 GMT (UK) »
No my  grandmother is no longer alive,yes I think it was a nick name Jimmy ,and my mum told me he died of Leukemia in the first world war, and is buried in Jamaica, No idea what the name of my grt grandmother ,do you need accutal  certificates, as I only have mine, As far as I know Helen was her only name,one of her sisters were born in India,I know of , Margaret, Katie,Patricia, ,

Offline bevlang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 November 16 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Sorry my grandmothers maiden name was Trickett

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 November 16 19:53 GMT (UK) »
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

If you check on here for Helen Trickett birth, there are very few births. Do you think she was born abroad?
https://jamaicanancestralrecords.com/military-burials/briggs-cemetery/
There is a James Charles Trickett buried in this cemetery in the 1930's but he was not a Major.
There is a death for him on Ancestry  in the Jamaican BMDs for 1938, but I do not have world membership== I hope someone reading this does and can have a peek==please.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline bevlang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 November 16 21:19 GMT (UK) »
IJimmy or James  trickett was my great uncle,I know is medals were in Nottingham castle,went when I was younger attached a photo of my grt grandfather and grandmother, ,

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 November 16 09:27 GMT (UK) »
So are you saying that both your great grandfather nicknamed Jimmy and your great uncle named Jimmy are both buried in Jamaica?

"No my  grandmother is no longer alive,yes I think it was a nick name Jimmy ,and my mum told me he died of Leukemia in the first world war, and is buried in Jamaica,"
"IJimmy or James  trickett was my great uncle,I know is medals were in Nottingham castle,"

Or just that your great uncle Jimmy - who's medals were in Nottingham Castle was buried in Jamaica, and that you know your great granddad died during WW1 and you do not know where he was buried?

I think you have got to look for your grandmothers marriage certificate ,if your grandfather is deceased you can put his name on here.

Offline bevlang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 November 16 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi done some research, my grit grandfathers name is Henry Trickett born in 1877"'he was married to A Margret  Mooney, cannot find his birth ,to find his parents,