Author Topic: ROUNCE - Is anyone researching the Rounces?  (Read 11198 times)

Offline willywonka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROUNCE - Is anyone researching the Rounces?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 15 February 18 22:07 GMT (UK) »
 :DJust found your post so I may be too late with information. One of the main places my family came from was Oulton & the Rounces were obviously very close friends as I have over 60 Rounces connected to my family the earliest being Samuel 1755 who married a Elizabeth Cobb 29 Dec 1773 in Swaffam.

Offline Denise1971

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Denise and my maiden last name was Otterholt.  Long story short I found out maybe 10 years ago or so that the grandma I grew up with was not by biological dad's biological mother.  My biological grandmother on that side of the family was Myla Edith Rounce 11/05/23-08/14/57. Her father's name was William Arthur Rounce 08/17/1879-11/17/1944.  His father's name was William Everitt Rounce born around 1822 in Norfolk, England and died around 1857.

I am looking for any kind of possible family information as I did not grow up with that side of the family so don't know much about them.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 22:55 BST (UK) »

..... Everitt Rounce.

a bit of a long shot but Miles Everitt ( many Everitts and Everetts ) married several times but lastly to Martha Nelson at Great Ryburgh, her sons begat the Nelson line I am descended from, mostly Great Ryburgh.
Where does your guy get his Everitt middle name ?  His mother's maiden name ?
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 10:22 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Denise1971
I am confused as if William Arthur Rounce was born 1879 how could his Father (William Everit R) have died 1857 before he was born?

There is a bapt for William Everit ROUNCE 17 Mar 1822 Colby to WILLIAM/REBECCA
Father a Game Keeper

He was buried 15 Feb 1823 age 11 mths Gunton

They then name a Son Everett William Rounce who is bapt 23 Mar 1823 Gunton

He was buried 22 Jul 1823 age 4 mths

I think you may be missing a generation at the very least.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 10:33 BST (UK) »
Ok William Arthur Rounce was born US

Name:   William A Rounce
Birth Date:   1879
Death Date:   1944
Cemetery:   Shell Lake Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place:   Shell Lake, Washburn County, Wisconsin, United States of America
Father: William D. Rounce
Mother; Lucy R. Rounce

1880 Census
William Rounce   38 Head born England (1842)***
Lucy Rounce   36 Wife
Albert P. Rounce   28 Brother born Illinois
Wilbur Rounce   7
Albert Rounce   5
Fredrick Rounce   4
William Rounce   9/12*****

Death Cert of ALBERT PORTER Rounce 1929 has his Parents as JOSEPH S and SARAH I Rounce
Same for WILLIAM D Rounce died 1919  born 13 Jan 1842

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 10:35 BST (UK) »
I have more if you think I am on the right track Denise.
I have the Marriage in England 1829/1841 Census etc.
+ William David Rounces Birth Reg 1842

Re the mn of the William Everit/Everit William Rounces who died she was Rebecca OLLIFARE and married William Rounce 5 Nov 1819 Norwich