Author Topic: Hickinbottom family  (Read 6076 times)

Offline JHICK

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Hickinbottom family
« on: Monday 03 May 04 13:35 BST (UK) »
HI...my names jamie hickinbottom, i am trying to find out some history about my family.My grandfather was Enoch(ted)Hickinbottom and my grandmother is Constance(connie)Hickinbottom bothed lived in Walsall and both worked on the buses.I also know my great grandfather was one of three brothers who started Hickinbottoms Bread Company. I would be very greatful for any information provided thank you very much Jamie..  :)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:Hickinbottom family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 May 04 16:12 BST (UK) »
Dear Jamie,

There have been some wounderfull tips collated by Kazza on how to start your research, but best of all it is worth having a chat with your Grandmother I am sure she will pleased with your interest in the family and would love to help you find out more.

Ian Rivett has put together some documents, which will help you record the information.

http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.rivett/igen/docs.htm

Print off the Family Group sheet and see how much information you can fill in with the help of your Grandmother, Aunts and Uncles. Maybe they have copies of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates.

Once we have some idea on ages and dates then we can start to for more information about your family.

Regards

RootsChat :)

Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 May 04 16:16 BST (UK) »
Do you know Julia Ann, with whom you who would appear to have a common ancestor.

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=47;action=display;threadid=2611

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline JHICK

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 May 04 20:36 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for replying so prompt pauline.with whom do julie ann and myself share common ancestry? more information would be very much appreciated as i am only just beginning my search thanks Jamie
 :)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 May 04 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Jamie,

If you click on the link (the underlined portion) in Pauline's message,  a new window will open.  In that window you will be able to see the message she is referring to.  It is about one of julia Ann's ancestors.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.