Author Topic: Park MacKenzie marriage  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Flis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Park MacKenzie marriage
« on: Wednesday 02 March 05 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Can anyone help with any of this. My Great Grannie was Catherine Jane Park born in Edinborough to Robert Park and Jane MacKenzie in 1865. Marriage details given were July 16th 1854 in Birmingham. This marriage can not be found and some people who helped me on the Scotland's people site pointed out that for each child the father gives a different date of marriage so it probably never happened. Robert was a lithographic printer. In 1871 the family were in Sheffield but country of origin was just given as Scotland. in 1881 Robert had started a new family in London. From the children's births I think the family would have been in Edinborough, possibly Canongate in 1861 so if anyone is able to find that for me in the census that would be great. Otherwise does anyone have any idea of how I can find out more about Jane MacKenzie in the absence of a marriage certificate?
Woodhead, Taylor, Ainley in WRY. Jacob, Gardner, Cant, Veazey, Herbert in London. Park in Edinborough

Offline kinsey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Park MacKenzie marriage
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 20:47 »
Could this be their marriage?

Jane McKenzie
Marriage Date: 29 Nov 1874
Marriage Place: Christ Church, Somers Town: Chalton Street, Camden, England
Father: John McKenzie
Spouse: Robert Park

It gives Johns occupation as a printer and his father was a saddler.
Janes father was a Mason.

Catherines birth?

Catherine Park
Birth Date   4 Jun 1866
Birth Place: Edinburgh Parish,Edinburgh,Midlothian,Scotland
Father: Robert Park
Mother: Jane Mc Kenzie

1861 Census shows the family lodging with Mary Carfrae and family at, 3 Turnbulls Entry, St Giles, Edinburgh.