Author Topic: Whitehouse  (Read 2130 times)

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Whitehouse
« on: Wednesday 02 March 05 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi all could some kind person do me a look up for Enoch Whitehouse in 1871 Census age about 33 born Tipton Staffs  in the Longbenton area hopefully.  I have him in 1881, 91 and 1901 Census.  Much appreciated.   Thank you.  Gladys1.

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Whitehouse
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Can't find your Enoch on the 1871 census but I have found this, the names rang a bell?

1871 Census Tipton, Staffs
RG10/2997  fol 81  p 24

Enoch Whitehouse     H      75      Tipton, Staffs
Harriett      "             wife    74      Cradley, Worcestershire

Enoch's father and mother?
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janetm  Thanks a lot for your reply which i shall keep that Census as they might be a relation.  Enoch Whitehouse was my great Grand father and he married Hannah Jacks at Longbenton Parish Church 1866 then they both parted as i found Hannah had married a John Tuck 1873 at Morpeth Register Office and Enoch had married a Mary Logan 1878 at Longbenton P.C. Hannah said that she was a Spinster and Enoch said that he was a Widower so they both told fibs as Hannah and Enoch were back together again in the 1891 and 1901 Census Annistford. On Enochs two marriages he said that his Father was John Whitehouse a miner. 

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Have found this on the 1871 census, but you would need earlier census to confirm he is Enoch's father.

1871 Census Tipton, Staffs
RG10/2998 fol 44  p36
37 Malery? Lane, Tipton

John Whitehouse    H.  56   Widr   Coal Dealer  Tipton Staffs
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janetm Thanks for your reply.  This is the information i have on earlier records.    Enoch Whitehouse born 1839 Tipton. Eliza born 1849 Tipton, those two were in Northumberland and both said on their marriages that thier father was John Whitehouse a miner.  I found a Phebe born 1831 Tipton.    Also a marriage of John Whitehouse and a Phebe Slim 1831 June 20. West Bromwich which both said that they were from HALESOWEN.   The 1851 Census is hard to understand so i put a request in for look up for them.  The 1841 does not appear.  That could be Enochs father which i am grateful for your help and will keep that census.  Thank you.  Gladys1.