Author Topic: Contacting a Moderator  (Read 22680 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Contacting a Moderator
« on: Wednesday 02 March 05 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Howdy All,

I thought I'd just post a wee note about how to contact a moderator, I've seen a few posts recently asking this question.

There are a few ways...

1.   If you need to get a post moved quickly or want to ask a question off the boards and want a quick answer then you can see who is online on the home page.  Near the bottom there is a big wodge of names - they are people who have been active on the site within the last 30 minutes.  A mod or admin is red.

You can click on the name and send them a personal message (PM) - IF they are still online I'm sure they will come back to you as soon as possible.

2.   If there isn't an emergency or you think you missed the online mod then you can report a post asking it to be moved.  At the bottom right of a post you will see a link that says "Report to moderator" if you click on this it will send an email to ALL moderators.

3.   You can PM anyone of us from your Rootschat mailbox as long as you know our user name.  Here's a link to help you get used to the PM function.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,17109.0.html

If you need anything just holler...

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting a Moderator
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 March 06 10:08 GMT (UK) »

See also:
Topic: Using the "Report to Moderator" link
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=135441.0
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)