Author Topic: 1891 census lookup- Fraser  (Read 6954 times)

Offline davief

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census lookup- Fraser
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Ele,
Wow .... I've only spent 2 hours in the Archive center and approx another two online and already we have this ...impressive stuff!!
As i mentioned there was another Family of Frasers living in Englishton Muir until recently Thomas and Vi Fraser, they lived on a different "croft" but it has long been said there could be some connection, this could quite possibly be it. Thomas died a number of years back and Vi just recently moved out of the area to Beauly. It might be worth me having a chat with Vi to see if she knows anything further on your line.

The lady in the Archive center mentioned the dates on the census sheets can be a number of years out either way and the names may possibly change slightly but we can usually work it out through children etc.

My parents are still living in the original croft house (though slightly different from back then ..!!) and i have a house not far from theirs on the same croft
At Englishton Muir.
If all this is correct ...what does this make us ....some far far distant Cousins ?? Lordy i'll need some time to sit and work it out.

I am going to pay another visit to the Archive center soon so hopefully what info you have given me will be useful and fill in a few more boxes.

Is it possible to get in touch out with this site and yes i would welcome any other info you may have found or about to find .... its quite exciting stuff really.

Take care for now
D

Offline ele

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 August 10 04:46 BST (UK) »
I will private message you.

Ele
McQuade. Co Monaghan Ireland>Glasgow Scotland.
McGurk. Belfast Ireland>Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Chappell. Bristol.
Nichol(l)s. Bristol.

This information is crown copy copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Fraser. Inverness Scotland>London.
Coulson. London.
Phil(l)ips. Glasgow Scotland.

Offline jm321

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 July 14 21:51 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone is still looking at this.

I am the GGD of Donald Fraser son of Thomas and Helen Fraser of Englishton Muir . Donald married Helen Maclean from Maryburgh, Fodderty. They went to Inverness and from there to Govan.

I would love to hear from anybody possibly related. 

Offline Fraser-Baugh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 June 17 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am also related to an Alexander Fraser, croft address was 3 Englishton Muir, Bunchrew, his son John (known as Jack) Fraser, my Grandfather inherited the croft I think in the early 1950's, then his son John took it on. Hugh, my father is a name that crops up in every generation except one where there was a Hughina!
Ele I have found an Alexander Fraser born in Kilarlity in 1833, I presume this to be my Great Great Grandfather he married Barbara MacKenzie born Loch Broom 1831
I am also related to Steve (didn't know his first name was Thomas as he was always known as Steve) and Vi Fraser, through my mothers side, Steve was my mothers 1st cousin, they had two sons Steve and Hugh... interesting story attached to how my Mum found out they were related if anyone makes contact!
I started doing a family tree a number of years ago then had an accident and it was put away but am interested to restart investigating!
Hope to hear from either of you...
Jacqueline

Offline ele

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 10:29 BST (UK) »
In 1851 William and Christina were living Englishton Muir he was a Crofter (3 acres) with children,
Alexander 31
Margaret 29
Helen 23
Christina 10.

now, I descend from Helen Fraser b. Kirkhill c1830

Helen Fraser married Thomas Fraser. Helen died in child birth.

next page!
McQuade. Co Monaghan Ireland>Glasgow Scotland.
McGurk. Belfast Ireland>Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Chappell. Bristol.
Nichol(l)s. Bristol.

This information is crown copy copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Fraser. Inverness Scotland>London.
Coulson. London.
Phil(l)ips. Glasgow Scotland.