Author Topic: Never searched before but would like to find out more about Minns, County Durham  (Read 10613 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: Never searched before but would like to find out more about Minns, County Durham
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 10 April 05 18:36 BST (UK) »
Ooh Ooh Ooh here's an interesting piece to an addictive jigsaw.  Cross reference to the post above I'm thinking of the Robson occurence!

RG10/5011
Ryhope
Reg district:    Sunderland
Sub district:    South Bishop Wearmouth
ED: 20 F: 75 P: 47
Household schedule number:    212

64 Tunstall St
Anthony Robson Head Wid 50  coal miner Durham (Place Uk)
Isabella Robson Daughter Unmar 26  Hetton Le Hole, Durham
Anthony Robson Son unmar 15 Coal Miner Ludworth, Durham
John Robson Son unmar 13  coal miner Durham (Place Uk)
Stephen Minns Son-in-law Mar 27  Easington Lane, Durham
Georgina Minns Granddaughter 2  Easington Lane, Durham

Okay, okay enough.  There are actually loads of interesting 1871 entries there's an older Ralph.

Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Brian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Never searched before but would like to find out more about Minns, County Du
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 17:40 BST (UK) »
Sorry I've only just found your messages as I don't normally look in this section.  Your first message says

I can go back only as far as an Stephen Minns (husband's paternal greatgrandfather) who married a Florence MacGregor Mackay and was father to Ernest Minns, now deceased in Ushaw Moor.

My mother-in-law indicated to me that there may have been a number of relatives from the Cambridgeshire area but I am really grasping at straws here!

Just to say that I have a deal of information on the Minns family of Chesterton Cambridge and I don't think the link goes back to there on the Minns side.  In 1800 there is a Minns marriage (Edward to Susannah Whybrow) and nearly all the Minns in Cambridgeshire are descended from him.  You might also like to know that there is a group of Minns researchers on a Yahoo message board, if you would like details I'd be happy to pass them on just send me a private message.

Glad you are enjoying the chase, is it any wonder we are all addicts!

best wishes
Brian ;D
Saunders  Norfolk and Suffolk.  Barkway and Barkaway - anywhere.
Mottershall anywhere
Ellis Clerkenwell/Camberwell
Saunders, Woodrow, Leggett, Potter Norfolk
Stacey, Booth, Pennington, Graham, Bennett, Hall, Mawson West Yorkshire
Cooper Cheshire/West Yorkshire
King, Sanger, Hiscock, Gray Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire
Barton, Ivett, Minns Cambridgeshire
Palfrey Suffolk
Cox, Crew, Burry Middlesex/Hertfordshire
Burrows Essex

Offline MacBraveheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • MacBrave forever
    • View Profile
Re: Never searched before but would like to find out more about Minns, County Durham
« Reply #38 on: Friday 15 April 05 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hi MacBraveheart (love the name!)

Just thought I would poke my nose in here and let you know that I am also researching Hartshorn/e.   My lot originated in Dudley, Worcs., but who knows...............

Happy hunting!

Jill

Just to let you know that I have now found (or rather- he found ME) a Hartshorn relative who says that my grandfather in law Wilfred's older brother was called Thomas Otto Hartshorn.  From the Langley Park area of Durham...  Not sure this connects anywhere but I am not able to research this line just now as I have gotten real busy with work and still think I ought to get on with the Scottish link of Minns to Mackay and MacGregor.

Oh- and the folk in Scotland have nae yet sent me what Durham turned around in a few days!!!!  And I have paid...
Hartshorn, Durham
Minns, Durham
McGregor Mackay, Durham
von Damm- Friesland, Germany