Author Topic: ireland to england  (Read 4491 times)

Offline jmg1414

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ireland to england
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 March 05 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Christopher

Thanks a lot for your link to proni.
Any help would be appreciated...
I have a marriage cert for Sophia Rebecca 1866 Trinity Church St Mary Newington Surrey on it she states that her father was Thomas..a Hop Porter

On subsequent uk census we find her living in London and sh always states she was born in Londonderry.
I have what I think is her and her brother in London on the 1861 census Brother called John both born Ireland but no parents, living with relatives.
I assume her parents did come to England as I do not associate Ireland with hops????  any help please

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 March 05 19:46 GMT (UK) »

I assume her parents did come to England as I do not associate Ireland with hops???? any help please

Hello,

Oh dear !  ::) Hops are used in the brewing industry. It appears that the advertising and promotional people employed in the Irish brewing industry have not being doing their job too well.  :D I suppose the other possibility is that you are tea total.

Offline alanvale

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 March 05 23:45 GMT (UK) »
hi christopher thanks for your help... i really dont have a clue with the irish side of my family...yet the more i look the more irish  find  :-\
nixon-stoke-on-trent..wndsor-newchapel..faulkner-stoke..smith-stoke..mcdonald/geehan-stoke/ireland..brindley-stoke..singleton-stoke