Author Topic: Alexander Kingaby, Lotti Huber, Norman Huber,  (Read 8432 times)

Offline rivkah

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Kingaby, Lotti Huber, Norman Huber,
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 December 11 00:35 GMT (UK) »

I did wonder if Jimmy had left Cyprus at the beginning of the terrible political troubles.   

goodnight for now!  Rivkah

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 December 11 11:23 GMT (UK) »
german Wikipedia about jewish Lotti Huber:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotti_Huber

Sie studierte Tanz und Pantomime und zog mit ihrem ersten Mann Alec Kingaby, einem britischen Offizier, durch den Nahen Osten. Sie arbeitete in Nachtclubs und Varietés als Tänzerin. Beide ließen sich auf Zypern nieder und eröffneten in Nikosia ein Hotel. Nach der Scheidung zog Lotti nach Kyrenia, eine Hafenstadt im Norden Zyperns, und betrieb ein eigenes Restaurant. Dort lernte sie ihren zweiten Mann Norman Huber (1910–1971) kennen, ebenfalls ein britischer Offizier, mit dem sie 1945 nach London ging.
She studied dance and mime, and moved with her first husband Alec Kingaby, a British officer, trough the Middle East. She worked in nightclubs and Varietés as a dancer. Both settled in Cyprus and opened a hotel in Nicosia. After the divorce, Lotti went to Kyrenia, a port city in northern Cyprus, and operated a restaurant. There she met her second husband Norman Huber (1910-1971), also a British officer with whom she went to London in 1945.

"1965 wurde ihr Mann in die Bundesrepublik Deutschland versetzt, und Lotti Huber kehrte mit ihm zurück. Das Ehepaar ließ sich in Berlin nieder. Nach dem Tod ihres Mannes musste sich Huber mit Gelegenheitsjobs durchschlagen. So übersetzte sie Liebesromane aus dem Englischen, eröffnete in ihrer Wohnung eine Benimmschule, verkaufte in Warenhäusern Kräuterlikör oder arbeitete als Filmstatistin."
In 1965 her husband was transferred in the Federal Republic of Germany and Lotti Huber returned with him. The couple settled in Berlin. After the death of her husband Lotti Huber had to beat by with odd jobs. she translated love novels from English, opened an etiquette school in her home, sold in department stores herb-liqueurs and worked as a film extra.

what she has written > Für Praunheims Film Anita – Tänze des Lasters von 1988 über die Nackttänzerin Anita Berber schrieb sie das Drehbuch./ For Praunheim film Anita - Dances of Vice in 1988 about the nude dancer Anita Berber, she wrote the screenplay.

Charlotte Huber ist auf dem Jüdischen Friedhof Heerstraße in Berlin neben ihrem Mann Norman Edwin Huber beigesetzt./ Charlotte Huber is buried at the Jewish cemetery in Berlin Heerstraße next to her husband Norman Edwin Huber.
cemetery: http://www.berlin.de/ba-charlottenburg-wilmersdorf/bezirk/lexikon/juedischer_friedhof_heerstrae_scholzplatz.html
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCdischer_Friedhof_Heerstra%C3%9Fe
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedhof_Heerstra%C3%9Fe
http://www.jg-berlin.org/judentum/friedhoefe/heerstrasse.html

books:
Diese Zitrone hat noch viel Saft! Ein Leben. Edition Diá, St. Gallen 1990; DTV, München 1993, ISBN 3-423-11673-0
Jede Zeit ist meine Zeit. Gespräche, hrsg. v. Peter Süß. Edition Diá, St. Gallen 1991; DTV, München 1994, ISBN 3-423-11772-9
Gedacht. Gedichtet. Erzählungen. Yontown, Berlin, 1995, ISBN 3-931178-01-3
Drei Schritt vor und kein Zurück! Bargeflüster. Hrsg. von Max Christian Graeff. DTV, München 1998, ISBN 3-423-20222-X

https://portal.d-nb.de/opac.htm?query=Woe%3D118942158&method=simpleSearch

Offline rivkah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 December 11 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for sending us this link!  I apologize that I cannot reply well in German - i speak some - but my husband speaks fluently and helps me.

Wishing you Seasons Greetings!   and kindest regards - Rivkah   (I am the "step"granddaughter of Lotti Huber - who was married to my Grandfather: Alexander Kingaby!

Offline LAS1015

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 December 11 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rivkah,

This afternoon Mike will be assembling some of the information he has.  I don't think the message you sent to him got through or he would have said.  I messaged you yesterday (via yahoo) and I'm not sure where you received it or not?  Hoping all is well?

Best wishes

Lesley

Offline peterawhurst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 November 12 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  I am related to these people and would be very interested to hear from you and share information!

rivkah

Hi, I am also related to Lotte, Gertude Goldman was my Grandmother, she was married to Isadore Bergmann.  I am presently putting my family history together and my research tells me that Lotte only had 2 brothers, yet my Aunt in Sweden told me we are related, so I am not sure yet of the exact link.

Offline LAS1015

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 December 12 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter,

Do you know anything at all about Lottie's time spent in Cyprus.  For example during late 1940's and early 1950's when she was co-running the Astoria Hotel in Nicosia.  Would any photographs still exist.  I am searching for information on behalf of a friend of mine ... although he is not related to her, his father was a friend of Lottie & Alex.  It would be wonderful if any photographs of that time exist? Best wishes.
Lesley

Offline peterawhurst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 10 December 12 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter,

Do you know anything at all about Lottie's time spent in Cyprus.  For example during late 1940's and early 1950's when she was co-running the Astoria Hotel in Nicosia.  Would any photographs still exist.  I am searching for information on behalf of a friend of mine ... although he is not related to her, his father was a friend of Lottie & Alex.  It would be wonderful if any photographs of that time exist? Best wishes.
Lesley

I'm sorry I do not have anything.  My aunt in Sweden told me that we were related through the Goldmann's but there was something in the history where she had nothing to do with the family.  I do not know details but can assume it was something to do with Berlin, maybe the business and the whole family leaving.  All write up's say she only had 2 brothers so I am confused where the links are ( I am researching this) and I now have no other family to discover secrets and information.

If I discover anything I will let you know, it's all very interesting to me.

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 10 December 12 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Lotti Goldmann wurde 1912 als Tochter großbürgerlicher jüdischer Eltern in Kiel geboren. Sie wuchs mit zwei Brüdern auf. Walter war zwei Jahre älter und Kurt, der sich später Ruwen Golan nannte, drei Jahre jünger.
Lotti Goldmann was born in 1912 as the daughter of upper-class Jewish parents in Kiel. She grew up with two brothers. Walter was two years older and Kurt, who later called Ruwen Golan, three years younger.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotti_Huber

Offline peterawhurst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 13:55 BST (UK) »
Lotti (Charlotte) had 2 brothers Walter and (Kurt) Ruwen Golan.  Their parents were Robert Goldmann and Hennie Leipziger. Hennie’s parents were Lippmann Leo Leipziger and Sophie, nee’ Eisack.  I am related through one of Hennie’s 5 siblings, Gertrude Leipziger(1890-1951).
Gertrude married Isidor Bergmann (1896-1941) who had 3 children, all girls, Hanna, Rosa and Irma.  All are now deceased unfortunately with Irma passing away 4 weeks ago.  My mother is Rosa who married Arthur Herz in London 1945 and who adopted myself and my brother Richard. 
Hanna Married Marcell Hirschfeld, lived, died and were buried in Chicago. They had no children.  All the family except my mother went from Berlin to Sweden to escape the Nazis.  Irma married Manfred Schwarz and had 3 children, Walter, Irene and Judith.  All of who are now grandparents.
I would love more details on our relatives, I am guessing you are relatives of Ludwig Munch and Susanne/Eva, Are you in Stutgart? please contact me if you can, Peter