Author Topic: Thomas Booth --b1800 Sheffield  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Richardcasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Booth --b1800 Sheffield
« on: Thursday 03 March 05 19:03 GMT (UK) »
I am searching a Thomas Booth b abt 1800 in Sheffield
He married a Lydia Wilson abt 1822
I do not know if there were any siblings of THOMAS nor who his parents were.
Thomas and Lydia had several children and a few were born in Sheffield
Maria b abt 1824 -Sarah Ann abt 1883- Emma-Walter-Henry all at later dates.  I am trying to find if there were any others that may have been born 1827 or earlier. Possibly a son Thomas?
Thomas Booth later is found in Hanley Staffordshire  with a Pottery and metal mounting busines.(Brittania Metal and Mounters on Lichfield st Hanley.They also manufactured some pottery and jugs for export and are found in the 1851 trades directory for Hanley as well as the 1851 census for Hanley.  I have not found any records yet of their time in Sheffield and  I am hoping that some one may be able to do some look ups for them .   Richard in the US

Offline sharren1837

• RootsChat Senior
  • Time cannot change what went before
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Booth --b1800 Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 March 05 23:14 GMT (UK) »
hi, haven't been able to locate children of thomas & Lydia but have found their marriage:

Thomas Booth & Lydia Wilson 7 Feb 1822 @ St. Peters Cathedral, Sheffield.

There are 2 Thomas Booth bpt in 1799 @ St. Peters:

Thomas 20 Dec 1799 Parents Thomas & Ann

or

Thomas 18 Aug 1799 Parents Thomas & Jane

Also Lydia Wilson bpt 30 Oct 1803 @ St. Peters Cathedral, Sheffield.  Parents: Richard Wilson & Lydia

Hope this helps in some way

Sharren
BALDRIDGE: Yorks, BARNWELL: Warwicks & Yorks, CARASS: Yorks, DENT: Durham, Lewisham & Yorks, GIBSON: Pontefract & Yorks, SAWBRIDGE: Leicester & Yorks, WALTON: Yorks, WEBSTER: Yorks, YOUNG: Yorks.

Offline Richardcasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 March 05 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the lookup  -- This is the correct Lydia Wilson Booth.  I did not know who her parents were  or the exact date and location of birth.
Thomas Booth on the other hand is very difficult for me to research prior to 1851.  They moved to Hanley, Staffordshire between 1841 and 1851 and they are found in Hanley in 1851.  Several of his children were born in Sheffield  prior to 1851. There will be records of He and Lydia that will pop up some place in Sheffield I am sure. I just dont know when. The Marriage record of 1822 you show for them is correct. I have 5 children so far for them starting with Maria b abt 1827  Sarah b abt 1833 Emma b abt 1836 Walter b abt 1839  Henry b abt 1844. All born in Sheffield.. I think there might be one or two more but am not sure.  Thanks again

Richard  in the US

Offline Richardcasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 March 05 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Sharren  I would suspect that the Thomas and Ann Booth might be Thomas"s parents as they had a way of naming children for relatives.  I would assume that that location is where he was born but then that is just an educated guess   and he named one daughter Ann.   Richard

Offline Zbigniew Miros?awski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 September 18 15:12 BST (UK) »
I am searching a Thomas Booth b abt 1800 in Sheffield
He married a Lydia Wilson abt 1822
I do not know if there were any siblings of THOMAS nor who his parents were.
Thomas and Lydia had several children and a few were born in Sheffield
Maria b abt 1824 -Sarah Ann abt 1883- Emma-Walter-Henry all at later dates.  I am trying to find if there were any others that may have been born 1827 or earlier. Possibly a son Thomas?
Thomas Booth later is found in Hanley Staffordshire  with a Pottery and metal mounting busines.(Brittania Metal and Mounters on Lichfield st Hanley.They also manufactured some pottery and jugs for export and are found in the 1851 trades directory for Hanley as well as the 1851 census for Hanley.  I have not found any records yet of their time in Sheffield and  I am hoping that some one may be able to do some look ups for them .   Richard in the US
Whether you're looking for information about family of Konstanty Broczkowski, who fought against Russia during the spring of Nations, 1848 in Hungary and therefore had to go through Turkey to England. His brief biography in the Lexicon of Legionnaires Polish in Hungary published Dr. Istvan Kovacs. I am the grandson of Janina Broczkowski
The daughter of Thomas Booth, Sarah Ann, born in 1833 he was the wife of Constantine Broczkowski. He was the brother of my grandgrandfather Roman John Broczkowski, the son of Joseph and Barbara Glodowska.
I have the metrics and pictures of our ancestors!