Author Topic: Finding Polish family  (Read 906 times)

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding Polish family
« on: Sunday 30 August 09 21:46 BST (UK) »
My father, Edmund Paul Chyla was born in Montawy, Poland on the 27th April 1907.

I now know from documents I have been given from the Minstry of Defence in England that before he came to the UK, he was married in Poland and had four children - who would be my half-brothers and sisters.

I would love to know whether they survived the war and if they did, are they still alive or have children still alive.

How would I go about trying to trace them?

Their names are Living people:
(*)

If they are still alive, I would like to tell them that their father had a good life after the war. He settled in Scotland with my mother. I was born in 1950, and my father died in 1979.

Can anyone help?

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

The names Fraser, MacGillivary and Grant from Daviot & Dunlichity.

The name of Fraser from Lanarkshire.

The name of Bell from Northumberland.

The name Chilla / Chylla / Chyla from Poland.

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Polish family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 October 09 23:28 BST (UK) »
The tracing service of The Polish Red Cross have contacted me to confirm that my half-siblings have been found alive in Poland and that we are to be helped contact each other.

This news is just so amazing - I wanted to share it.
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

The names Fraser, MacGillivary and Grant from Daviot & Dunlichity.

The name of Fraser from Lanarkshire.

The name of Bell from Northumberland.

The name Chilla / Chylla / Chyla from Poland.

Offline johnbhoy

• RootsChat Member
  • For my Grandchildren
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Polish family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 14:16 BST (UK) »
Thats excellent news Heilanlassie.
BTW you got any relations in Banff that moved down to Glasgow & Helensburgh, I noticed your fine surname  ;)
Scotland (Helensburgh, Glasgow, Banff, Campbelltown); MacKenzie, McKenzie, Donnachie, Donachie, McClafferty, Fee, Scullion, Cairns, McDonagh, McFinney,Chalmers,Stewart, McAllister

Ireland (Donegal-Rosses, Mullaghduff, Boyle Co Roscommon & other counties); Donachie, Finnigan, McGinley, Brennan, Sharkey, Boyle, Sweenie, Kearns, Balmartin, Martin, McDonald, Irvine

England (Carlisle); Ashbridge,Armstrong, Cavers, Wall, Dixon
England (Blackpool) Hall, Barker
Germany (Hohebach,Württemberg) Wahl