Author Topic: looking for Connie Creighton  (Read 6135 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for Connie Creighton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 09:28 BST (UK) »
I was looking for Rose on previous censuses, but unsuccessfully.

Her marriage cert would help, giving her fathers name.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 23:15 BST (UK) »
hi trish
just seen your original post re connie creighton, not much help with your research but she worked in southport for many summers in the 70's and early 80's in the floral hall complex doing childrens parties etc. my kids were young at that time and everyone with children in sothport knew her, she was tireless at opening fetes judging rosebud competitions, floral queens etc, you should be pleased at even a distant connection
good luck with your research

regards mazi

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 September 09 20:25 BST (UK) »
The story goes that Connie Creighton's mother or father was adopted by my mother's welsh family.  As yet to prove the connection.  I need to prove that Connie Creighton's mother was related to Rose Austin nee Warren. 
regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 September 09 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hello

I'm sure Connie lived in Southport for many years.  She was certainly always being mentioned in our local paper the "Southport Visiter".
If you contact the paper which is based in Tulketh Street, Southport, Merseyside I'm sure they would be able to dig up lots of information for you.

She must have worked mainly at the Floral Hall and New Theatre, which are on the Promenade, Southport, and which featured many shows and celebrities over the years.

Sandgrounder
CONWAY, Westport, Mayo; TEALE, Salford, Manchester; GILCHRIST, Edinburgh; GRIFFITHS, East Stonehouse, Devon / Cardiff; VENNEN (and variations) Cornwall; TOY, Cornwall; ENGLAND, Cromer/Northrepps, Norfolk; LOFTUS, Cissie and Marie, Music Hall Artistes, Glasgow; PORTSWORTHY, Cornwall; SARCHFIELD, Manchester/Southport

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 September 09 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hello again

First of all, apologies to Mazi - I somehow missed the info in your post and duplicated some of it!

Try this link:

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southport-news/southport-southport-news/2009/01/21/tributes-pour-in-for-former-southport-holiday-hostess-connie-creighton-101022-22735602/

It gives a lot of information plus details of where and when she was buried.

Sandgrounder

CONWAY, Westport, Mayo; TEALE, Salford, Manchester; GILCHRIST, Edinburgh; GRIFFITHS, East Stonehouse, Devon / Cardiff; VENNEN (and variations) Cornwall; TOY, Cornwall; ENGLAND, Cromer/Northrepps, Norfolk; LOFTUS, Cissie and Marie, Music Hall Artistes, Glasgow; PORTSWORTHY, Cornwall; SARCHFIELD, Manchester/Southport