Author Topic: The Lee family & McKeon family  (Read 46757 times)

Offline Morgan135

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Lee family & McKeon family
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 15 June 13 12:41 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if William Lee was related to James Lee or Robert Lee? Robert Lee and Christina Moore were my great-grandparents (m. 2ndDec1853). I see that William Lee is listed as witness to the wedding and I am wondering if he was Robert Lee's brother or perhaps James Lee's brother... ???

Offline Jaykim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 03 September 16 19:02 BST (UK) »
i wonder if the name "Teasey" rings any geneological bells?

The name Teasey crops up when James Keating marries Selina Bradshaw and they have a son Thomas Teasey Keatingand he is brother to Selina Keating who goes on to marry Thomas Lee.

Offline Morgan135

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 03 September 16 20:01 BST (UK) »
Another avenue to try, thanks! I have never heard the name "Teasey" in any of my research. I will give that one a try also.

Offline Jaykim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 03 September 16 21:25 BST (UK) »
Morgan135 I have researched the Keating line but I am just starting to piece together the Lee line.  Are you related in any way?

Offline Morgan135

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 04 September 16 10:56 BST (UK) »
My great-great grandparents were Robert Lee and Christina (Moore) Lee. They were married in Ematris, Ireland on Dec 2, 1853. There was a witness at the wedding, William Lee, I do not know what his relationship was (brother/Uncle/grandfather?). Robert's father was James Lee, not sure on the mother, possibly Jane. Pretty sure the family resided in Kilmore West. Christina's parents were John Moore and Sarah Graham. Christina came to the U.S. in 1888, with her twin daughters, Elizabeth and Mima. What has always been a difficult obstacle for me is that Christina came to the U.S. as Christina Leonard (widow of Harry Leonard). I always wondered if Christina and Robert divorced, as Mimi was married in Worcester, Massachusetts and Robert Lee was present at her wedding. I am in the U.S. and have all the information after their Ireland departure. Let me know if you need any of that. If you have any other ideas or possibilities that may open so doors for me, I would be very interested. I've been doing this for close to 20 years and have not gotten any further than James Lee.

Offline TJLee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Stonebridge Church....
Hello Halmark, Greeting from Halifax Nova Scotia.  tljohnston "Thomas Johnston" was the one you were replying to here.  He is my Moms Cousin. His mom Betty Lee and my Mom's Dad Robert E Lee were siblings. 

Since your communications on the Lee, McConkey, Keating, Bradshaw , and Hall Families Thomas has passed. 

I have reached out the to family to get as much of his work on the family Tree and history as I can.

But any information on Family Tree and history you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Here is the basics that I have gathered so far on the Lee Family staring with my mom and going back. 

My Mom Is Barbra Jane LEE, Her father is Robert E LEE Born in Ontario Canada and married Anna Johnston (Lee).  His Father and my My Gr Grandfather Is Albert E Lee From CO. Monaghan Grandshabeg/Clones area around 1901 who later came to Canada around 1918 with is Brother and his sister stayed behind.  Alberts' Father was Thomas Lee, and mother was Selina Keating (Lee).  Selinas' parents were James Keating, and Selina Bradshaw.  Thomas' Father was Francis Lee and his mother was Elizabeth Mckonkey/McConkey (Lee).  Francis' Father was John Lee, and Mother was Anne Or Anna.  From what I understand, Francis had many kids besides Thomas, one being John McConkey LEE Who married Sarah HALL on 3rd Dec. 1889 in the Churchof Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan.  As previously Mentioned Thomas Lee Died around 1903 Buried in Stonebridge presp cemetery near Grandshabeg as per your picture.  Most of this information is based on what my mom has told me and what I gathered from this thread.

I am really looking for as much basic info I can get to complete a full Lee Family Tree, with branches including as much as I can get on the Other Families mentioned, along with any history and dates. 

Or even info on who might have more of this history.

Looking this up, is definitely not the easiest thing to do.

Thank you
TJLee

Offline TJLee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 21:50 GMT (UK) »
i wonder if the name "Teasey" rings any geneological bells?

The name Teasey crops up when James Keating marries Selina Bradshaw and they have a son Thomas Teasey Keatingand he is brother to Selina Keating who goes on to marry Thomas Lee.

Hi there Jaykim, Selina Keating (Lee) is my Gr Gr Gandmother.  Do you have move information on the Bradshaw, Keating, or Lee Family, like names, dates, siblings, locations, that could help me research my family Tree and history?

Thank you very much

TJLee

Offline TJLee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Listers,  I am rather excited to have come across these postings about Francis LEE and Elizabeth McCONKEY.   I am hopeful that I may be about to add some new data to my own family history programme.   My Gt. Grandfather was John McConkey LEE, born about 1849 (depending on which census record one believes) in Co. Monaghan, Ireland.   John's father was recorded as Francis and he (John, according to a family story) spent some time in the U.S.A. as a young man before returning to Ireland to marry my Gt. Grandmother Sarah HALL on 3rd Dec. 1889 in the Churchof Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan.    I do not have official record that his mother was Elizabeth McConkey, but the fact that he has McConkey as his middle name encourages me to make contact with you people here.   Witness at his marriage to Sarah, was Thomas LEE.   John bought a place at Gortgranard, Annalore, Clones, when he returned from the U.S.A. and that is where my Grandmother was brought up.   I would love to have data on both the LEE and McCONKEY families as I well remember my mother speak of the McCONKEY's when I was a child visiting in Monaghan.   Elizabeth, Western Australia

Hi Elizabeth,

You were speaking to my moms cousin Tom Johnston(LEE).  I am curious to know more, and see if you guys were able to piece together more information regarding your Gt. Grandfather John McConkey Lee, and My my Gt, Gt, Grandfather Thomas Lee since these posts. They were Brothers correct??  Any family history on either side that you can share with me would be amazing!

Thank you

TJLee

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 22:20 GMT (UK) »

Wow...that is a blast from the past!  McConkeys are buried Drum Presby

John Lee/Sarah Hall are in St Luke's Cem across road from St Laebhan's church

also there is a matching headstone

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/monaghan/photos/tombstones/monaghan-st-lukes-killeevan/target2.html

identical to this one attached  ( my copyright) so should be OK for posting here! Not infringing any copyright

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.