Author Topic: BLIZZARD family in Ashill/Rushford/Thetford  (Read 7844 times)

Offline ellenmol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BLIZZARD family in Ashill/Rushford/Thetford
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 September 09 00:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again Shaezy,
I am related to George and Phoebe by their son George who married Elizabeth Atkins and then Eliza Smedley (my gg grandmother).  I think I have found two brothers to George who were also born in Ashill with births within 5 years of George but have still not been able to find parents. 
I have been to England four times - on three of those occasions I tried to incorporate some of the places that my ancestors came from. I would love to spend a lot more time there though - it's so hard being so far away - there is only so much you can do on the internet or at the library.  Even Tasmania is out of reach most of the time - only get "home" ever three or four years.  I live in Adelaide now.   If you would like to contact me direct on ellenmol@hotmail.com I would love to hear from you.   Ellen Molloy
Blizzard, Smedley, Whitbread. Wyllie, Robertson, Coleman, Byres, Scolyer, Heald, Barker, Macrow, Sirkett, Peters, Molloy, Drew

Offline BFrank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 December 10 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have just got back to doing a bit of family research after a number of years being distracted by work.

I am also a descendant of George and Phoebe Blizzard (gg grandparents) through their son David.

I have spent some time working through Census records for Suffolk/Norfolk and believe that there were a number of Blizzard families in the area without actually understanding whether they were all directly related.

I suspect that our George was the son of Thomas Blizzard born Bardwell 1779 and married to Mary born 1791.  This Thomas was the son of Robert Blizzard and Mary Smith who married 20 December 1769.  This is a great theory but I really need to find some facts to confirm.

I will continue the chase and happy to provide what I have found so far.  Hopefully a trip from South Australia next year will include the Suffolk and Norfolk area.

Barry

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 December 10 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barry and welcome to Rootschat  :D

If you are visiting Suffolk it might be worth checking on Euston Hall open days if you wish to include a visit there.
2011 dates are already on their website
http://www.eustonhall.co.uk/New/index.php?page=visitorinfo

(BTW Bob Blizzard former MP lost the seat for Waveney in the 2010 general election).

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 December 10 20:56 GMT (UK) »
According to FreeReg George Blizzard was b.22/8/1811,  bp.22/9/1811 Ashill,  Norfolk son of Thomas Blizzard and Mary Field.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ellenmol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 December 10 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barry, I have found seven siblings of our George born to Thomas Blizzard and Mary Fields, either from census records or the freereg website.     Robert Blizzard and Mary Smith also had 7 children (found to date) so that would explain the large number in Suffolk/Norfolk area.   One of my cousins recently went to Euston Estate and has forwarded me a photograph of Sparrow Hall where George and Phoebe used to live.
If you want to contact me directly my email is (*)
Ellen

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Blizzard, Smedley, Whitbread. Wyllie, Robertson, Coleman, Byres, Scolyer, Heald, Barker, Macrow, Sirkett, Peters, Molloy, Drew

Offline BFrank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 December 10 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the very useful responses.  I am looking forward to further progress.

Barry