Author Topic: Louisa Conquest, b.1842, to Canada 1908  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Kathy conquest Forsyth-smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Conquest, b.1842, to Canada 1908
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I was reading about the family and saw this thread, I was told by my aunts the story off great aunt Kate and Henry.
Henry went to war as a soldier when quite young, when home on leave he got very close to his sister Kate, Katherine, after the war he went to Canada to live and she went with him, their mother went to visit and would stay with them, years later Henry died and Kate came back to live near were I live and at the time my grandparents and grandads brother lived, she moved into Barton hall at Barton seagrave at that time it was a care home for older people. This is were she passed away.
There is a story as to why the family came to live in burton latimer but I'll save it for another day.

Offline Kathy conquest Forsyth-smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Conquest, b.1842, to Canada 1908
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Part 2, written before I forget we're to find this thread.
My grandfather was a soldier sent to South Africa, there he met my grandma Kathleen brown, they married twice first in the camp, then at the Catholic Church , once the Bore war started my grandmother and the children that were born out there were sent to live in England with grandads brother in London . But after traveling by ship for weeks and in a country they had never been to before the address they had been in givern was no longer were he lived. Luckily the new people had an address, burton latimer Northants , so they boarded the train and made the way.
It was a hard life , back then people were so rude, the children were not used to wearing shoes so walked without, their skin was dark so people would call them names, but soon they found a house 17 station rd burton Latimer although they did spend time in Ireland when grandad was stationed there spike island it was called, some children were born there, but they returned to Burton were they lived out their lives, I was actually born in that house. I have  a pic, great uncle Henry great aunt Kate and great grandma Louisa . Sorry it's late good night