Author Topic: COMPLETE - Census lookup - MORRISON 1871  (Read 4929 times)

Offline ronica

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census lookup - MORRISON 1871
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 September 09 14:53 BST (UK) »
On a slightly different note but talking about the same people - how hard is it to find a death in scotland?

Hugh - husband of Mabel MORRISON disappeared between 1891 and 1901 - i presume he died in this time - is it possible to find a death date / registration

also Hugh husband of Barbara disappeared between 1881 and 1891, again i'm presuming he died. In the 1891 census there is a 4 year old daughter Mary so that would mean he had to be alive in 1887ish (presuming he is the father)

Thank you so so so so so much for your help Pam!!
WARD - Australia
BLIZARD - England, Australia & USA
ROBINSON - Ireland, Australia

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 September 09 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hello

The pay to view Scotlands people will give you the death details .

Regards Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ronica

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 September 09 14:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pam ;)

Spent today putting all the families together. Its interesting to watch where people go from census to census, are kids still at home with their parents or have they gone off and got married and now have their own household.

I started another thread to do with another branch of the family in Scotland and someone pointed me to the scotsland people website - i have been busy on that one too. Didn't think to look for the deaths but i have some credits left so now i know what to use them on.

Thank you ever so much for your help. I'm in Australia and it's great to know there's wonderful people on the other side of the world who are happy to help. My family database has grown thanks to you ;D

WARD - Australia

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Ronika

I also am in Australia, Perth WA.

Very glad to have been of assistance.  You are very welcome to ask for help anytime. Even if I cannot help there is always someone on RootsChat who may be able to assist.

Regards Pam ;)
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ronica

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 11:22 BST (UK) »
LOL :D

I guess it doesn't matter where in the world you are once you know where to look for information you can help others. I did wonder why you had called yourself downunder and now i know why!!
WARD - Australia

Offline morsc76

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETE - Census lookup - MORRISON 1871
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

As i was researching my family history I came across this thread. Imagine my surprise when it referred to my ancestors!

I was wondering if anybody could assist me further?

I am a decedent of Hugh (1854 - 1887?) and Barbara Stewart (Gardiner) Morrison. They are my great, great grandparents.

From research I have found Barbara outlived Hugh and 2 more husbands including a McMillan then a Grant.

I am then a decedent of one of their children named James Frederick Morrison (1880 - 19__) who migrated to Australia around 1910 after marrying Maggie McIvor in 1903.

I am after any information with regards to Hugh Morrison, the father of Hugh Morrison (1854 - 1887?). I understand he was married to Isabella (Linn or Lynn) Morrison.

Any assistance would very much appreciated.