Author Topic: Percy Blake & Amy Ladd  (Read 4530 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Percy Blake & Amy Ladd
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 September 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
With Amelia being a few years older, I did wonder if her marriage to Percy was her 2nd, in which case there would have been another surname to contend with, but I didn't encounter other marriages that looked promising.

Unfortunately, the Christian names of those employed in service were subject to the whims of their employers.  That could account for why we're unable to locate Amy in 1911.  Sometimes they would stipulate applicants 'free from encumbrances' so that a man might claim to be single when in fact married.

Did you check out the EYRE MATCHAM household at Salisbury in 1911?  I know it's unlikely their children were then needing the services of a nurse, but sometimes the favoured staff were retained for other duties.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Percy Blake & Amy Ladd
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 January 16 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi alloy

Just in case you are getting emails about this post the marriage between Amy Hilda Ladd and Percy Arthur took place in St Margaret, Chipstead, Surrey on 30 March 1916.
He was a Private in the Hertfordshire regt and was 31 she was 35. Witnesses were F M Slatter and L E Norris. I assume that the latter was LLoyd Edmund Norris who married Amy's sister Ella Marie.

I have previously corresponded with you about Amy  ;) 

I think that this marriage has been left off the GRO index, the one before it was at the end of February and the one after 6th April they both appear on the index.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk